Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • nitro rc cars
  • gohan
    Free Member

any one got one? any one got any hints or tips for a noob? problems so far include fuel leaks from manifold, starting takes ages, cuts out on full throttle, oh and ive broken a drive cup on the front! 😀 any help received with a smile and a nod!

zaskarrider
    Free Member

Hi gohan

i have two nitro's ones a 4×4 monster truck and the other is a hyper 7..
    the monster truck starts easy with priming fuel into the fuel line up to about 5mm from the block to avoid flooding.. but the hyper is a bit harder to start.. so i use a pippet and put a small quantity of fule into the engine then replace the glow plug … this works a treat.
    if it cuts out on throtle this could be too rich mixture so try to lean things off by about a quarter of a turn…

i got all my tuning tips from u tube where there are vids to show you through all the stages.. very usefull plus you can hear how the tuned cars are running…

these things are great fun but each car has its own unique quirks so the more you use them the easier things get…

one thing to remember… you cant just get these cars out and have a play if you only have like 20 minutes spare…just set urself no time limits and enjoy.. ive found they get very frustrating if you try to rush.. plus tighten all bolts etc after each run as things can shake loose and thats not a good thing when the motor is running at rull tilt !!!

good luck

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Use loctite!

Is it spitting fuel out the exhaust? Might be too rich.

Make very small adjustments to the mixture, too lean is bad,

If my HPI MT2 is refusing to start i take the glowplug out, pull the cord with finger over exhaust until there is fuel in the engine, that usually works.

Long grass always contains rocks or other hard things that will break your car.

Shame they are so noisy, i always worry about annoying people.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

What car, engine and fuel?

I had a 1/8th scale buggy and it was a bugger to get to run well. Never got through more than 1/2 a tank without overheating, no matter what jetting and settings.

I contacted the engine manufacturer and they recommended a different fuel and glow plug.

Changed fuel from 'duraglow' to 20% blue thunder and the car flew, and ran tank after tank. It instantly changed from highly frustrating to loads of fun.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Go brushless electric instead 😀

Milkie
    Free Member

Ive got a Team Associated NTC3+.

As for tips, rcgroups or msuk forum is pretty good, and HPI videos on their website or youtube.

If it cuts out on full throttle, it does sound like its running too rich, therefore it'll bog down and stall. You usually have two needles that you can adjust, one for low speed and one for high speed. Low speed works on half throttle, high speed works on full throttle.

I hardly use mine anymore, there is nowhere local to run it. Car parks are not big enough to get up to full speed, and they usually don't like you dumping your nitro juice all over the place nor do they like the noise.

gohan
    Free Member

it is one of these http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/A3010T.htm didnt want to spend loads at first just in case i didnt take to it but im hooked! ive leaned the mix out and its running better and ive found if i prime it by blowing down the pipe which comes off the exhaust it starts a lot easier than just priming it normally, cut the nessasary holes in the body for air flow and so i can start it with out removing the body, infact the body has had loads removed off the back as you had to take the wing off to get the body off! the only bit that has broke is one of the drive cups off the diff on the front as it had a stone wedged in it! it only has the one screw for the mix but i think the clutch needs adjusting as it will not stay still when it is idling, or do i adjust the brake??? many thanks for the advise guys! more help than the rc forum i was on yesterday! 🙂

gohan
    Free Member

ooooooooooooooh and do they normally spew out excess fuel around the manifold/engine? i think it needs sealing?

PROLINE85
    Free Member

What Coffeeking said! I have a brushless 8T, Crt.5 and Emaxx, brushless rocks…

Milkie
    Free Member

do they normally spew out excess fuel around the manifold/engine? i think it needs sealing?

Mine spurts out of the exhaust.

I would say your clutch/throttle needs adjusting. Sounds like its slightly engaging when the throttle stick is in neutral. Try adjusting the trim on the transmitter for the throttle.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘nitro rc cars’ is closed to new replies.