Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nikon D5000 or Cannon EOS 500D
  • garethh
    Free Member

I’m just about to buy one of the 2 eitherTHIS or this. Can anyone offer any advice. The nikon is cheaper but has less mega pixels (which I know is not the end of the world) I will be using it for biking, skiing and climbing so it needs to be fairly tough and I want good HD video capability. I believe the nikon is timelimited with the video but not sure by how much.

What do the STW masses reckon?

Thanks,
    Gareth

garethh
    Free Member

Anyone?

transapp
    Free Member

I got the Nikon as there wasn’t a twi lens kit on Cannon just after xmas. The Tamaron is a much cheaper lens than the Nikon one, so although you’re paying more and have a longer zoom, overall I think the Nikon is better value. In performance terms, if you’re asking the question, you will not see a differance. They may perfom differantly, but [/i]better is so subjective, I wouldn’t worry.
    My choice would be the Nikon, spend the differance on a bag and a tripod.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Neither has usable auto focus with video. If that’s a requirement the GH2 and the a55 or a33 should be on the short list.

Conqueror
    Free Member

bit confused as to how either of those would be tough

a pentax k7 would probably be tough-ish.. with its magnesium body and weather seals

but all these things are bulky.. panasonic gh2 will probably be better than all of them for video..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nikon D5000 or Cannon EOS 500D’ is closed to new replies.