Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Nights are drawing in. Soon be Winter. Show us your lighting set-ups
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Just about getting dark early enough to warrant taking the lights out of an evening.

One Trout Lumen Liberator going into its second season with a smudgepack in a karrimor phone pouch bought on cheap from the sales and zip-tied under the stem. Nice and tidy. Awesome light.
    [img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Q3ryDihN8wY/TkP7OsHauQI/AAAAAAAAAfw/B8YaYu2iovM/s640/IMAG0361.jpg[/img]

Isnt it great when your bike is just spot on. Had an annoying click from BB area for the last few months. Having refitted crank arms and tightened chain ring bolts, and checked dropouts/QR, finally fixed it by removing BB, cleaning and refitting (UN72, still got 2 spares on the shelf. Will they ever be used?) . All running so nicely now it’s worth extra grins.

And there’s more clearance for those 2,4RRs than it looks. But not much more 🙂
    [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Y46vTcEXvXc/TkP7Vl3so_I/AAAAAAAAAf8/JQUYVitFwbU/s640/IMAG0364.jpg[/img]

Erm, one of these…

Soon to be complimented by one of these…

montylikesbeer

troutie liberator for me, season three

5thElefant
    Free Member

The heavy weight weight (4000+ lumens):

The light weight (700 lumens):

The helmet light (1800 lumens):

Not that they’ll get used any time soon. My 24hr season is over…

trout
    Free Member

Well I did ride it for about 5 minutes with them all on 😈
    approx 10000 lumens

Stoner
    Free Member

troutie, you need one of these:

and one of these:

http://www.paulcomp.com/ginolightmount.html

burnside
    Free Member

Stoner: RRs on Malvern gravel? Not planning on keeping those front teeth then?

Kevevs
    Free Member

forget the riots etc. That is the most depressing thread title 🙁

seosamh77
    Free Member

winter? it’s not even autumn yet..

simonralli2
    Free Member

And don’t forget us STWers south of the equator!

Stoner
    Free Member

Stoner: RRs on Malvern gravel? Not planning on keeping those front teeth then?

a wumf yumf talkinf abouf?

PM me burnside, how’s the family doing?

Stoner
    Free Member

That is the most depressing thread title

Sorry about that, but Ive been looking forward to darker evenings. Around the Malverns the only safe time to ride is after dark. Then the hills are your oyster. In daylight: too many grumpy f***kers. Met one tonight at 7:30ish.

z1ppy

Yep starting to take a light out now, for the end of the rides, or to be able to extend ride past 9pm. This years setup, though undecided on which to use bar/head – will experiment.
    A Trout Mini, a Smudge XM-L unit & a P7 (normal) torch for the backpack as backup/loaner unit.

Lights 2011 by z1ppy2, on Flickr

The Trout Mini lovely and small, I Popped the AAA batteries into the photo to show it’s minimal size [mboy was suprised how small the unit is in ‘real life’]. Though the Mini gives a great flood, where as the XML is very focused (dread hot spot, it’s awful having so much light…boo hoo).

Xylene
    Free Member

I need a new driver for my homemade setup for last year

Is blackcat still about and has he made one that isn’t affeced by current direction yet?

Vortexracing

One of these home modded Lumi HID’s with LED’s on the bars (about 1200lumens)

P1000271 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1000269 by eastham_david, on Flickr

P1000270 by eastham_david, on Flickr

and one of these Exposure Diablos (900 lumens)

on one of these

for ‘me ed’

Oh and one of these on the bars for Commuting with a glow ring

Completed light by eastham_david, on Flickr

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Lights stay on the bike all year round. even the midsummer rides need a bit when you don’t start till 8pm.

Mk1 Hope Vision 2LEDs on the bars and a DX simple thing on my head. I love the Hopes and the customer service is second-to-none to keep them going when they’ve goe wrong. Buti really wouldn’t mind if they got trashed so I could justify an upgrade….

joemarshall
    Free Member

Cree mc-e torch (emergency backup / lending torch, at bottom) , Cree xm-l torch (top).

I use them helmet mounted with velcro, works great. Tons of light, all in one convenience, plus the cost was not much. I use the xml mainly on medium, with high on the downhills, which lasts for more than 2 hours. Switching battery over is very quick, and the batteries are dirt cheap, so I can easily do longer rides too.

D0NK

forget the riots etc. That is the most depressing thread title

got to agree, tho I’d already decided that I’d be taking the proper lights on this weeks nightride, didn’t class it as the onset of winter tho 😯

BTW Hope 4 + a helmet mounted joystick 🙂

Coleman
    Free Member

Twin cans are the way to go! On and off in seconds and loadsa’ lumens.

Look mahoosive in the piccie though…..not as bad in the flesh. Honest!

rob
    Free Member

just dug this lot out from the back of the shed as its now getting dark on the morning commute

bunch of lights by robertjohnkay, on Flickr
    xml t6 torch for the bars
    twin xpg helmet lights
    modded dinotte with tripple xpg and black cat driver
    old p7 bastid
    single xpg helmet light

xpg helmet light by robertjohnkay, on Flickr
    helmet lights monted with velcro

michaelmcc
    Free Member

None of that talk until the summers over 😈

It should be illegal.

racefaceec90

i only have one of these 😳 at present cannot use it (as i’m waiting for a now mount to fit my new bike’s handlebar) it does the job though 🙂

depth-junkie
    Free Member

Hope vision 4 on the bars, and a hope vision 2 on the bonce 😛

robsoctane
    Free Member

cree torch (300 Lume)zip tied to helmet.

smudge
    Free Member

The new Troutlight. 2800 Lumens 8)

dont think i’ll need much else!

grtdkad

Troute Liberator on the bars (in bling Gold). Cateye Double Shot Pro on the helmet. Cool set up but looking for a Troute price list for new range of helmet lights 😎

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Another Gold Liberator (now with flesh wounds after stupid off at the 24:12) and occasionally a Hope HiD on the lid. Mrs Ming is making noises about a new light so if the new “spider eyes” reaches production or maybe a Liberator will be in her Xmas stocking.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Nights are drawing in. Soon be Winter. Show us your lighting set-ups’ is closed to new replies.