Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pants!!!!!
  • jimster
    Free Member

Wife’s away this week so I’m lumbered with looking after the dogs this weekend, and for the first time in a long time Magic Seaweed is giving a good forecast for Sunday.

Tempted to go down the beach with the boys, but then it’d be cruel to leave them in the car with the windows open…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Find a beach without a dog-ban, or where only a section thereof has a ban. Or is there a particular activity you need to do that necessitates leaving them on their own? Failing that, google a dog sitter nearby. Might only be a few quid to leave them with someone for the day.

Hmmm…

*considers setting up Coastal doggy day-care service* 🙂

jimster
    Free Member

The beach we tend to use doesn’t have a dog ban, so that’s not a problem. The problem is when I go off for a surf and have to leave them in the car – the Lab wouldn’t have a problem coming out with me, the Airedale isn’t that keen on water.

*DD you anywhere near the Gower?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No mate, Brizzle. There’s always those big spiral spikes that you screw into the sand and tie them to – leaves them open to dognapping though 😕

sharkbait
    Free Member

How about going to the beach but not surfing? Got to be better than no beach at all.
    Plus you may get an hour on the water.

jimster
    Free Member

Could get down the beach early, long walk/play on beach for boys, quick intense hour dip, another walk/play, surf so on and so forth…..

the-muffin-man

Why not take the dogs for a good walk first thing, then leave them at home for a few hours while you go surfing?

Unless your dogs bark the house down and rip it to pieces as soon as you leave the house, this has got to be better than leaving then in a car.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

See where a bit of lateral thinking gets you? 🙂

jimster
    Free Member

2-1/2 hour drive to the beach, so they really need to come along

Cougar

Why have dogs if they’re such a burden that you feel “lumbered” with them? Shouldn’t you be thinking “fantastic, I get to spend some quality time with the dogs”?

With this in mind, I suggest dropping them off at the nearest dog’s home or Korean take-away, then enjoying this and all future weekends that your new-found freedom brings.

Failing that, why not just pay someone to take them walkies for a couple of hours?

thegreatape
    Free Member

or

HTH

the-muffin-man

Tempted to go down the beach

When you said this I didn’t quite envisage a 5 hour round trip!!!

So 5 hours travelling for the dogs and then you want to leave them in the car when they get there. Find someone to look after them for the day or don’t bother – IMO of course!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nor did I!

donsimon
    Free Member

I think you’ve probably got good grounds for a divorce. Worth thinking about, no?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pants!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.