• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jad.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Nicolai main pivot sloppy.
  • Ambrose

Very sloppy main pivot on my 2008 Helius CC, with a FR rear triangle. I know some limited adjustment is possible, but I have tried this and not got very far.

I’m looking for tech specs of bearings?/ bushings? involved in the main pivot. I used to have a pdf downloaded from Nicolai.net- but I cant find it any longer.

Has anyone any experience of replacing bushes/bearings on Nicolais? Any advice?

IanB
    Free Member

I used to get Skyline Cycles to do mine ~ £120…
    If I recall, the main pivot is a roller bearing but I don’t know the dimensions. It was unsealed though, so as well as replacing the bearing you also replaced an axle that passed through it and the frame. This was a slight interference fit in the frame, so depending on how long it’d been in there, it was sometimes difficult to get out. All the other pivots are plastic bushes of some sort. HTH.

Ian

Ambrose

Thanks Ian. £120! Gulp 😯

IanB
    Free Member

You might be able to get just the main pivot done for less, but I think the full bearing/bush/axle kit from Nicolai was quite expensive.

This was one of the reasons I sold my Nicolai (lovely though it was) and went back to a hardtail…

richen987
    Free Member

hi,
    it may be worth joining this forum and put a post on, i have seen some bearing q’s come on here and there are people around who will give you advice on it.

http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139

hope that helps
    Rich

jad
    Free Member

Nicolai bearing prices are ludicrous and mine didn’t last very long either. I bought the fitting tool at the time which was also expensive.

If you buy a Nicolai, everything becomes very expensive! Buy a single pivot!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nicolai main pivot sloppy.’ is closed to new replies.