• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by ton.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nice pub on route.
  • paulwebster
    Free Member

Off to alton towers for the weekend with the family. Leaving from northumberland. Fancy breaking the trip up on the way down with a lunch stop about half way. Not to far from the main route. Any tips on a good family pub/ grub place. Get a brownie point so I can blast around Cannock chase on the second day.
    Cheers Paul.

z1ppy

Dunno the area myself, but I imagine you talking about somewhere between Derby and Alton Towers (or closer to AT’s), depending how late you set off? Might help recommendations, if you have more of a ‘target’ location you expect to be in at lunch time 🙂

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

half way would be Yorkshire Dales wouldnt it, Ripon or Harrogate. bloody millions of pubs… i wouldnt know any in particular tho.

also, AT is closer to the south Peaks than Cannock Chase, do a ride round Dovedale?

martinhutch

Tempest Arms just west of Skipton does nice grub, and is on the way if you cut across from Ripon to pick up the M65 at Colne. Loads of options really though.

Actually, if you want family friendly, this is a good one, especially on a nice day.

http://www.yorkshiredalesicecream.co.uk/parlour

ton

the tiger inn, coneythorpe, just off the a1.

Home

chudsy
    Free Member

Yorkshire dales ice cream farm is a good break for an hour or 2 with some good riding over Embsay moor.

johndoh
    Free Member

the tiger inn, coneythorpe, just off the a1.

http://www.tiger-inn.co.uk/
    Is the one I was about to recommend too – lovely food and beautiful ‘quaint’ traditional pub surroundings.

paulwebster
    Free Member

Cheers kids , looks like the tiger inn gets it. Will feedback review. Bloody lobster menu, sorry if ya thought I’d be riding on route but nah. Family food first.

ton

enjoy, i do on a regular basis…….. 8)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nice pub on route.’ is closed to new replies.