Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nice pub in Woking?
  • sam_underhill

Having worked in Woking for the last 6 months, I've not really seen and great places for a beer – although I've not looked very hard. Anywhere near-ish the town centre other than the usual grotty chains (preference for somewhere that has nice Ales)?

spikerman_1
    Free Member

not near the town centre but has thai food, good garden quiet and good beer

pub

bigyinn
    Free Member

There was a reasonable one i went to just north of the station near the shopping centre, but im buggered if i can remember ANYTHING else, as my visit was following a day out on the ale in london.

Straightliner

Red Lion at Horsell – 10 min walk from town centre.

fwb2006
    Free Member

No, simple, horrible place. Worked there for 3 years, best thing about the place was leaving at the end of the day.

london_lady
    Free Member

the Sovereign on the one-way system by Evans isn't too bad.

piha
    Free Member

A little bit out of Woking but The Olive Tree in Sutton Green is good for food and has some nice beer and wine available but a bit overpriced.

souldrummer
    Free Member

As others have said: The Sovs is good for real ale, the Red Lion in Horsell is good for food and beer. I must admit I wouldn't touch the Olive Tree again as I think, like piha, it's very overpriced. If I remember the both the Crown and the Cricketers in Horsell aren't bad. There are, of course, loads of others: the Red House, the Goldsworth Arms and I think there is still a Weatherspoons but must of them are either 'locals' pubs or nothing much to write home about.

london_lady
    Free Member

Not the goldsworth arms – no decent beer since ot changed hands.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Come to Guildford. Its much better 😀

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, it's a horrible chain but the Woking Wetherspoons keep their ale well and have a good selection.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nice pub in Woking?’ is closed to new replies.