Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Next Prime Minister. Are you ready for this?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member
    mboy
    Free Member

All together now…

“Democracy is the winner” 😆

Has anyone thought to first stop and fix the holes in the buckets they’re using to bail us out of this situation?

kimbers

Its come to something when Theresa ‘piss up in a brewery’ May is looking like the decent option

despite her lurching from one calamity to the next, passports, border,control, missing deportation deadlines, alienating the police etc

shes no where near as scary as Fox, Davies or Gove

tomkerton
    Free Member

Liam Fox – urghhh

mrblobby
    Free Member

Jeremy Hunt is apparently considering having a go too 😯

tomkerton
    Free Member

Oh great – we can look forward to state sponsored homeopathy from Mr Hunt

headfirst
    Free Member

Jeremy Hunt is apparently considering having a go too

Will he be standing on a “Save the NHS” platform??

Jesus, does the man have not an ounce of self-awareness?

footflaps

Jesus, does the man have not an ounce of self-awareness?

he probably thinks the NHS is much better off after his reforms…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

👿

About everything, really.

joolsburger
    Free Member

martinhutch

Even Thatcher-lite in kitten heels is better than that pair of smug-faced buffoons. Why anyone would want the job of becoming the least popular prime minister in the history of the UK, presiding over a messy exit from Europe and a messy divorce from Scotland, most likely in the middle of a recession, is beyond me.

thenorthwind

We need a politician that will sacrifice himself to do the right thing

So we get to stay in the EU and get rid of Jeremy Rhyming-slang?

Win win!

davosaurusrex

What a terrifying line up. As per thecaptain anyone who stands up and says the referendum was only advisory and we won’t be going ahead with article 50 will have my backing though.

corroded
    Free Member

As per thecaptain anyone who stands up and says the referendum was only advisory and we won’t be going ahead with article 50 will have my backing though.

Ditto. I just cannot imagine Boris is quite as popular as he used to be with the Tory membership now.

MoreCashThanDash

Roy Hodgeson for PM.

Proven track record for getting out of Europe after an embarrassing debacle.

footflaps

Why anyone would want the job of becoming the least popular prime minister in the history of the UK, presiding over a messy exit from Europe and a messy divorce from Scotland, most likely in the middle of a recession, is beyond me.

have you seen the PM’s pension deal?

molgrips
    Free Member

anyone who stands up and says the referendum was only advisory and we won’t be going ahead with article 50 will have my backing though.

Possibly mine too. It’s that important.

ChrisL

I seem to have a bit of an aversion to letting home secretaries becoming prime ministers. Boris Johnson or Theresa May for PM seems to be a “punch in the face or kick in the balls?” sort of question. Except that I won’t have a say in answering it, as it’ll be down to the Conservative party to choose.

After a referendum result which is partly being interpreted as a judgement against a remote political elite that has become too distant from those it represents, being seen so openly to ignore the will of the people as to refuse to invoke article 50 will be suicide for the entirety of Westminster. There would need to be some concrete evidence that public opinion had shifted significantly for that to fly.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My guess was a run off between May and Johnson. She is heavily eurosceptic but campaigned for Remain but did so in a very low key fashion, as such she could be the unifying candidate for the Tories

the referendum was only advisory and we won’t be going ahead with article 50 will have my backing though.

Thats always been a danger, its one area where the Scottish Referendum was markedly superior as that was binding on a “best efforts” basis

aracer
    Free Member

You could always ask everybody to vote on it…

the-muffin-man

It’s not all bad news – I think we need to get behind Boris!

Sorry for DM link…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3662597/Jamie-Oliver-vows-quit-Britain-Boris-Johnson-PM-Brexit.htmla

P-Jay
    Free Member

I bet the Tories wished they’d taken their chances with UKIP at the General Election now, I guess they can’t believe how lucky they are that Labour are in a worse mess.

Oh wait, is that David Milliband I see riding over the horizon towards and Batley and Spen on his way to Westminster?

I’ve been through the 7 stages now with Brexit, I still thinks theres a chance it won’t happen, not completely anyway – but either way I’m embaracing the chaos now.

antigee

Oddity in article is that it uses a pole of conservative voters to look at likely outcomes when the selection process is 2stage with 1st stage Tory mp’s 2nd stage party members vote on final list presented to them

Pointless journalism substitute shit for pointless

kimbers

Be interesting..

Itll be a Bullshit bingo bananza

Best deal for Britain will be the pledge, but will any admit they are aiming for free trade and know they ll have to accept freedom of movement too?

That’s the reason Bojo doesn’t want an election either he’d have to make it a pledge

thecaptain
    Free Member

Bojo doesn’t want an election because that is the only thing that will get MPs to support him.

kimbers

True dat

ferrals
    Free Member

I think BoJo is refusing snap election because he is doing everything he can to avoid becoming PM without totally loosing face by not standing.

If there is a snap election, lib dems have said will stand to remain in Europe
    Edit. Faster typing by thecaptain!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oddity in article is that it uses a pole of conservative voters to look at likely outcomes when the selection process is 2stage with 1st stage Tory mp’s 2nd stage party members vote on final list presented to them

MP’s to return a choice of 2, the one they want and one the party members want less? I wonder if anyone will stand on a remain footing or a GE plan?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I don’t think freedom of movement will be a problem, they’ll just stop all benefits of any kind and there’ll be no housing on offer to migrants. Theresa May will love implementing that one.

Yes it really is a shower on offer at the moment. Maybe we will get the massive child that is Boris as our comedy leader after all.

soobalias
    Free Member

so next we need voting reform, anybody care to refine proportional representation till it works?
    then we can have a general election.

kimbers

Crabb (who), talking the talk

hatter

anyone who stands up and says the referendum was only advisory and we won’t be going ahead with article 50 will have my backing though.

Me too.

There would need to be some concrete evidence that public opinion had shifted significantly for that to fly.

So.. who’s written to their MP’s and multiple cabinet members on this very subject so that they have that evidence on how far the public mood has shifted on this and to tell them in no uncertain terms them that the electoral ramifications of invoking article 50 are now clearly more severe than not invoking it.

*Puts hand up*

It’s going to take millions of people speaking loud and clear to drag us back from the brink. We have a clear window of opportunity so if you really do care about this, get off your behinds and get on it!

kimbers

Oops, looks like there’s friction in the Bojo/Gove faction

http://news.sky.com/story/1719331/goves-wife-raises-johnson-leadership-concerns

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Mrs Gove wears the pants. Who would have thought?

MSP

That doesn’t show friction, it just shows the whole charade was about personal power for the main players.

kimbers

It seems that no one in the Tory party actually likes Johnson, popular with the electorate hated by his MPs, tough for party leader

The whole of Westminster is just a pit full of snakes

MrWoppit
    Free Member

outofbreath
    Free Member

It seems that no one in the Tory party actually likes Johnson, popular with the electorate hated by his MPs, tough for party leader

Given that the first call Boris will make is to either ignore the Referendum decision he campaigned for or turn the uk into a basket case being hated makes him an utter shoe in. He can be removed once he done whichever dirty deed is considered least worst.

Daffy

Whomever it is, their tenure as PM will be short lived.

Tim Farron and the Lib Dems represent the best hope for the UK in the inevitable 2017 General Election.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Tim Farron and the Lib Dems represent the best hope for the UK in the inevitable 2017 General Election

LOL

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Next Prime Minister. Are you ready for this?’ is closed to new replies.