Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Newcastle; where to live?
  • elma
    Free Member

Move to sunny Gosforth mate its the best place i've ever lived in and around Newcastle.

Its a lovely walk straight across the moor into town ,the high street is really good for food and drink and its got a nice atmosphere unlike Jesmond.

If you fancy a quick off road blast i do circuits of the moor as its great on a cx bike or mtb.

Incidently there is a house for rent in my street around your budget, Northfield road google it and you can see how centeral it is.

Iain

breatheeasy
    Free Member

+1 for Gosforth. If you ever fancy a bit of raod riding you're straight across the A1 and into some nice countryside that they use for the Northern Rock Cyclone, or my little ride past the Cheese Factory Farm and around the fancy houses in Tranwell Woods (and no, that's not a wood to ride in, its a place where footballers buy their houses if they don't fancy Darras Hall).

Be careful though. What people call 'Gosforth' exetnds waaaay past the boundaries of what Gossie really is. See many a Kenton place described as in the Gosforth area.

If you don't mind being close to Tescos, Kingston Park isn't too bad.

And for a 'secret' location that's a little cheaper – try Cochrane Park, just off the Coast Road, just up from High Heaton. Decent buses, Sainsburys etc. though not many rentals there I don't think.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Newcastle; where to live?’ is closed to new replies.