Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)
  • New wheels
  • STATO
    Free Member

If they have 20mm axle adaptors then surely they are designed for taking a bit more punishment

Not necessarily, many xc forks are available with 20mm axle now.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

well i’ve just bought a set of Black Flags and Chargers. Lots of good reviews online about both wheelsets and the price is exceptionally good. Hopefully CRC are working and they’ll be here soon.

Have you seen the full price!!!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

replacement spokes for the Black Flag Pro
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=54488
    not cheap but at least they’re easy to get a hold of.

The charger expert wheelset just uses standard spokes too.

flano
    Free Member

I ordered a set of chargers a few bays back…hoping for the best.

Note how the price has just increased in the last hour! 45% off instead of the 60% of last few days…

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Whoa, not so much of a bargain now! I wouldn’t pay the new prices, put the money towards some Hope Hoops.

I think CRC have just shot themselves in the foot.

stayhigh

Bah I’d just about talked myself into buying some and saw the price has gone up since this morning.

I think I’ll pass now.

Does anyone else know of any other bargain-tastic tubeless wheel offers about?

dh
    Free Member

Same here – I was going to buy a pair later tonight.

ho hum. Snooze you lose etc.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

maybe CRC have noticed an influx of buyers and figured they could lift the price (also happened with halfords garmin 800?). They had a 17 function crank brothers for about £11, suddenly bounced to £17 in the Xmas presents ideas page.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Is chainreactioncycles being slow at processing?

Taff
    Free Member

Yes they are shorty!

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve paid for delivery by 12pm so they best have been dispatched today for delivery tomorrow. Going to be livid if not as I’ve books morning at home on the proviso that I babysit my nephew.

Can’t believe the price has gone up so much. Must have had plenty of stock at least for them to stay in stock and put the price up

kamina
    Free Member

Good thing, this solves my dilemma 😀

Guess I’ll just build another wheelset since I have a set of extra rims.

Taff
    Free Member

Just sent CRC an email to see what they say about deliveries

cheers_drive

I’m been dithering about getting some Chargers as spare wheels for the past week, but now the price has gone up I’ll just buy some Hope Hoops if (when) my XT wheels die.

Taff
    Free Member

Makes sense cheers-drive.

Got excited when the door went and a postie was outside… Mum has sent me a shoe box!! Grrr

Shorty121
    Free Member

Haha my order still hasn’t been processed….

Taff
    Free Member

LIVID

Taff
    Free Member

Just got off the phone to CRC, apparently the wheels are likely to be in a part of the warehouse only accessible by forklift so it may take more than a day to despatch. Even though I’ve asked for 24hours delivery I still won’t get them in time for tomorrow or indeed the Winchester STW ride – grrr. I’ve had all delivery costs refunded though but should still be sent in the same time frame.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Surely if they know it’s not aaccessible and may take longer then they that should be priority…

Taff
    Free Member

you would think wouldn’t you. Can’t say I’m at all impressed at the moments over practicalties of getting them. If it’s an issue then it should be noted on the product page as not being achievable.

Taff
    Free Member

In all fairness it’s just gone Christmas and every man and his dog are probabbly doing orders so they’re probably hard pressed to meet demands. Just a bit bah-humbug that my order wasn’t done sooner given I asked for priority dispatch and discussed wuickest way of gettting them with a CRC member,

Shorty121
    Free Member

Yeah ordered a groupset from action sports and it’s taking an age to be delivered

Shorty121
    Free Member

Had any more progress with your order?

Taff
    Free Member

No, nothing. How about you? Doubley annoyed now as they’ve not even responded to yesterdays email (normally receive within 12-24hours).

Shorty121
    Free Member

Mine are still in processing. Annoying as it’s gonna hold up a build 🙁

Shorty121
    Free Member

People on the chainreactioncycles are having problems with orders aswell

Shorty121
    Free Member

facebook*

Taff
    Free Member

Just had a look at Facebook. Noticed CRC haven’t commented on anything recently. I think they are proper busy and the 10day delays have been over Chrimbo so would have been manic! Trying not to get wound up as I know from my work that Christmas is a build up and recover industry and I’m just being impatient. As long as I get them though, if not they can give me another offer on wheels to make up for it.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Yeah it’s just a pain. Hopefully they shall post tomorrow fingers crossed 😛

Taff
    Free Member

Problem I have is that next week I won’t be around to collect!!

Shorty121
    Free Member

Aye it is a pain. Some people on the facebook seem to have got their order really quickly

Taff
    Free Member

Have you noticed all the black ones are now gone?

Squeaky bum time…

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I was going to buy a set of the Charges before the price went up. Reckon the On-One Max wheelset is the way to go now, unless anyone can see anything better for £150?

Taff
    Free Member

The on-one’s do look good VFM. Don’t know about the weight though. Superstar have a sale on their stuff so the alex rimmed wheels are now a bit cheaper again

Shorty121
    Free Member

Taff – Surely we have secured them if not then they will have to give them us at the price we paid for them

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve heard stories on here about people gettign emails saying that they are out of stock especially in an influx of orders. I’d like to think that they go out of order automatically based on stock control.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Is the phone line open tomorrow?

Shorty121
    Free Member

When I look it still says instock

Edit. Yeah they have gone

Taff
    Free Member

Yes it is. I’ll be ringing in the afternoon about 3ish if my status isn’t updated.

The golds are in stock but the blacks are gone

Shorty121
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind the golds as performance isn’t affected but I prefer to get what I paid for.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘New wheels’ is closed to new replies.