Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • New truck…….
  • Mainly for work/family/dog duties, but should be good for carrying a bike or two and trips to Wales etc…….

forge197
    Free Member

nice looks purposefully and like it should have a big V8 under the bonnet, does it?

Nope, unfortunately (or fortunately) not – 2.5l TDCI 141BHP. It'll be getting a chip in May when the warranty's up to take it up to 168BHP.

takisawa2

Nice. Wish the Wife would sanction something like that for our next car. Would make towing our caravan a bit easier.
    Of course there will be shed load of enviro-warriers along to tell you how these behemoths kill puppies etc.

forge197
    Free Member

I suspect fortunatley in the long run. 🙂

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Nice truck!!

Always wanted a truck or minivan-pickup type vehicle.

Going to have a mid-life crisis and get one in a few years if we're still allowed to drive them!!

deserter
    Free Member

I wanted one when I got to Canada but even a hi lux has a 4l petrol, hardly any diesel here and all the pick ups that do have a diesel are big industrial ones with a 6-7 litre in them

people laugh when I told them we all have 2-2.5 diesels in work vehicles in europe

nice truck by the way

I_Ache
    Free Member

How does the Ranger compare to say a Navara? Did you test drive a few before buying this one?

I really want one but would need the rear cover to be able to justify it.

spooky_b329

Has it got proper tyres on it or will it get stuck on the first hill along with Audi Q7's and Porche Cayennes?

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

MMMMmmm NICE, I want one of those bad boys, Whats she like on fuel?

Andy M – Member
    How does the Ranger compare to say a Navara? Did you test drive a few before buying this one?

I really want one but would need the rear cover to be able to justify it.

I wanted a Navara, but couldn't find one with reasonable mileage for the right money – bearing in mind I've done 800 miles in it's first week. Not driven one to compare though.

spooky_b329 – Member
    Has it got proper tyres on it or will it get stuck on the first hill along with Audi Q7's and Porche Cayennes?

Bridgestone Duellers, which seem a bit chunkier than your average Q7 low profiles, although not proper off road tyres. It dealt with some serious hills in the snow without batting an eyelid.

Bigface0_0 – Member
    MMMMmmm NICE, I want one of those bad boys, Whats she like on fuel?

The first tank I used half driving locally round the Peak District in the snow with lots of 4wd and the 2nd half on the motorway at around 75mph and it averaged 30mpg. The 2nd tank was mostly motorway and it still averaged 30mpg????????

ewawoowa
    Free Member

I had one of these for 4 years as a company vehicle. it was good off-road but uncomfortable and very greedy on fuel. its just a work horses like all of these pickups, and not family car IMO.

Everyone to their own opinion – but I've just driven to Yeovil and back from Derbyshire and found it extremely comfortable and as I said above 30mpg.

Find me a 4×4 that does much more to the gallon.

Have you just got rid of yours, as these only came out in 2006?

Maybe you had the older model, with a different body, interior and engine?

mushrooms
    Free Member

What a horrible pos that is!

nonk
    Free Member

that i can understand backhander.nice.

aP
    Free Member

If you don't live in SC what is it good for?

coogan
    Free Member

Pile of crap. Really, why? Cos of the dog and bikes and tools and bollocks? Get an estate.

ewawoowa
    Free Member

mine was a 55 plate, so def older everything… but 30mpg is not good in anybodys book. I just wouldnt spend my own money on this kind of (industrial) vehicle. but hey, each to their own…

MrGreedy

30mpg? Might as well rape a polar bear 😉

coogan – Member
    Pile of crap. Really, why? Cos of the dog and bikes and tools and bollocks? Get an estate.

Tool

I'm self employed, therefore an estate is no good for tax.

I work at the side of the roads/motorways and get covered in crap. This has a load liner and dirty clothes/boots can be thrown in the back without a second thought. I'm up and down kerbs all day and the only sensible alternative would have been a van, which would be no fun to drive 30-40k a year in and I'd have had to get one with 5 seats as we don't have a 2nd car. Most panel vans will not do more than 30mpg in any case.

I don't mind people not liking it; that's their prerogative, but at least consider the circumstances……

Jenga
    Free Member

You must either be very famous, or a terrorist target. Why else would you blank out the number plate? Presumably it is visible to all and sundry when it is being driven?

Or are you just shy?

luke
    Free Member

I like these a lot, but the wife's not keen, so she needs to be sweet talked around first which will probably mean getting her a new motor first 🙁
    30mpg thats better than our mondeo average (2001 1.8l petrol)

singlecrack
    Free Member

I like it

but beware of the hate mail as there are a lot on here who will hate it and you because it a 4×4 and feel you MUST justify haveing it other than personal choice 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

but beware of the hate mail as there are a lot on here who will hate it and you because it a 4×4 and feel you MUST justify haveing it other than personal choice

hello there! (waves)

KINGTUT
    Free Member
    tonyg2003

Hi TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR nice reply to Coogan. Glad to see you kept your cool. The way you describe your circumstances the truck fits the job properly. You'd struggle to find anything else vat-exempt that comes close to a semi-offroad/2nd car compromise. I'm no fan for 4×4 when they aren't used as intended (what's the point), but if they are then fair play.

It does fit my requirements perfectly.

And besides that, I wanted one, so there!

*trots of to rape some polar bears*

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I love it and would have one at the drop of a hat! Better than my mondeo in the snow (which is an estate) therefore you win 🙂

Oh and Dingle bells Dingle bells dingle all the way oh what fun it is to see wednesday win away 🙂

Some nutter's talking about the playoff's on Pigstalk Rob.

Comedy gold.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Climate change? Wots that then? Innit?

mansonsoul – Member
    Climate change? Wots that then? Innit?

Sorry dude; next time I'll buy a Prius and not actually be able to do my job.

It's not a 4 litre V8 you know.

I love STW.

mandog

Like the new truck, very functional. If you want one buy one, you need no other reason.

Some years ago I hired a Ford F150 double cab truck in the states. It was the top of the range V8 sport model. Very comfortable and car like to drive and even cornered well.

flamejob
    Free Member

I'm looking at maybe getting a pickup and am glad to see that the Ranger is a decent bet.

Has everyone seen VW has made one? It looks pretty good.

mandog – Member
    Like the new truck, very functional. If you want one buy one, you need no other reason.

Lovely to drive, full leather, aircon, 6cd/mp3 player. I wanted a Navara, but couldn't find one with the right mileage for the right money. Got this one with 2500 miles on the clock and am v.happy with it.

Flamejob – the VW looks lovely, but I don't think you can fit a back on it.

mr-bump
    Free Member

You have got the better pickup truck there matey.
    I have both the ranger and had a D40 Navara, which although full of accessories was the biggest let down i EVER owned!!
    Constant problems and the worst customer service i have ever know.
    Stick to the rangers!
    Only thing i do find is that the stuff in the rear tub gets damp in winter as there is no heater.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘New truck…….’ is closed to new replies.