Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New to IOS – what decent trading/adventure/building stuff paid for games?
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Have recently moved over from Windows to IOS, have been happily playing Civilisation Revolutions on WM for years, the problem is the new updated IOS version is crap in comparison due to it’s annoying controls.

I tried ‘Unknown’ (Elite clone) but found it dull and another space trading type game but it didn’t have the hook of Civilisation Revolution.
    I’m looking for a slow burn/long game of trading/building civilisations type rather than mindless blasters but I don’t want in app purchases (buying gold/coins/money/upgrades etc) I’d rather pay a proper amount upfront for a decent game.

Any suggestions?

mattyfez

Eve? Do they do eve on mac? I’m not sure.

Apple isn’t exactly a good choice for proper games.

GrahamS

I don’t find Civ Rev too annoying – I keep it on my phone for long train/plane journeys.

Settlers might fit the bill too if you are into the classics.

zilog6128

Lol. Eve isn’t a proper game. It’s a drug for nerds to waste their lives away. 😀

IMO iOS is the best gaming platform as it suits my needs… I want my games short, sharp & strategic. There are many excellent iOS games that take a concept & then strip it down to the basics, i.e. what make them interesting & fun, without the bloat & grinding. Gaming in it’s purest sense. This is true for all genres but personally I’m only really interested in strategy games. Pocket Tactics is the best website for these IMO.

The best game (of all time, possibly) is FTL. Still play this years later. The Battle of Polytopia is great also, seemingly a lot “lighter” than Civ Rev but it’s a great deal more strategic IMO. Free, too (there is IAP but it’s just to unlock more “tribes”; it’s not a freemium game).

Don’t Starve is worth a look but a lot of people are put off by the initial difficulty.

perchypanther
    Free Member

X-com – enemy within.

Depth, strategy, aliens, awesomeness.

zilog6128

Yeah X-Com is awesome, personally I’ve moved away from games that take days/weeks to finish but that might be right up OP’s street.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New to IOS – what decent trading/adventure/building stuff paid for games?’ is closed to new replies.