Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 218 total)
  • NEW SCANDAL 29ER
  • druidh
    Free Member

No photos yet, but we do have some description.

Someone at On One was doing overtime on Sunday?

brant
    Free Member

ooh. I wrote that on my phone on the train yesterday afternoon.

matt must have put it up.

Clink

Just proof read it for you…

Superlight 3.5lb race frame.

Frame weight is slightly more than previous models, but still certainly well under 4lb, which is best in class at this pricepoint.

brant
    Free Member

Hmm

Copy added to, rather than replaced.

But if that’s the worst a one armed man managed on a train, I’m quite pleased.

robbo
    Free Member

So has anyone actually seen any in the flesh yet? Are they on shore?

scud
    Free Member

Anyone any idea as to whether they will be dispatched today as I was told on the phone last thursday?

scud
    Free Member

I’ve just spoken to On One, the frames will not be with them til wednesday or thursday and then not dispatched til this time next week!

Feel a bit of a t*at now for listening to them last week and stripping down my old frame on friday! No riding for me this week!

So far I’ve been told that the frame had 27.2 seatpost, so purchased one of them to be told it is now wrong size, been told that it would be delivered to me 1st or 2nd December and that the frame was 3.5ib in weight all of which were wrong.

Good job they are cheap!

benslow
    Free Member

Full builds going up tomorrow afternoon too, apparently.

🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Will you please stop talking about these, some of us can’t afford one. 😥 😡

Janesy
    Free Member

A company selling frames and they dont know the full spec…. plus they have a man who is writing the spec up on a train…. OH MY DAYZ.

scud
    Free Member

Kingtut.

I think that’s why i’m getting carried away a bit, sad really but in ten years of riding this will actually be my first new frame! I’ve always made bikes up from eBay and the classifieds.

I currently have one of the old Scandium scandal frames which I bought on the STW classfieds and an old 2008 Reba fork, it is only because the fork has completely given up this winter that i was looking to buy a new fork, saw the tapered steerer with 20mm axle on the On One website, then when I saw that they were releasing a new frame that was it, the credit card was melted.

mrblobby
    Free Member

A company selling frames and they dont know the full spec…. plus they have a man who is writing the spec up on a train…. OH MY DAYZ.

This is probably why they can sell them for that price 🙂

TimP
    Free Member

Scud – very cheeky but you aren’t selling a 26er Scandal in medium then are you? If so please mail me!!

scud
    Free Member

Hi TimP.

My current frame is a 29er Scandal frame, sorry mate. If you fancy the switch to the big wheels, let me know. (18″ black frame).

Nick

Full builds going up tomorrow afternoon too, apparently.

lol

brant
    Free Member

A classic case of over promising and under delivering, along with very poor communication of new details brought about by lack of handover and procedures.

We will endeavour to get frames out to customers ASAP after they arrive.

With container landing Thursday 8am we are attempting to get orders picked and packed and out to customers by Thursday evening where possible.

We’re sorry and really, it will get better.

robbo
    Free Member

Don’t be sorry, Brant. I’m enjoying the anticipation. Every day delayed means better deals on the parts from everywhere else as the discount code offers flood my inbox!

scud
    Free Member

Brant, i’m only sore cause i took the old bike to bits in an excited frenzy and I start to get a bit tetchy if i don’t ride at least 2 or 3 times a week!

If it looks as good as it does in the “teaser” picture all will be forgiven………

cdaimers

its a scandal……

awaiting new bike for xmas……

Nick

Well I’ve given up, have a grand to spend via the Cyclescheme, have been waiting on the off chance that there will be Scandal build, even a singlespeed version, that would come in at a grand, but given the price of the Inbred 29er has gone up to 1099 and that I have to get this all sorted by the 16th means the monger will be getting the order. I wouldn’t have minded a 3rd On One in my garage 🙁

bampot
    Free Member

Hmm… email I got from On-One last Fiday (looking at you, Jamie) assured me the frames had arrived on the 1st, as advertised… Now Brant is telling us (from the other side of the world) that they’re due in on Thursday. Somebody is fibbing, c’est la vie, but why lie guys?

brant
    Free Member

bampot – Member
    Hmm… email I got from On-One last Fiday (looking at you, Jamie) assured me the frames had arrived on the 1st, as advertised… Now Brant is telling us (from the other side of the world) that they’re due in on Thursday. Somebody is fibbing, c’est la vie, but why lie guys?
    POSTED 4 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

We had two containers coming in from our agents last week and three this coming week. I think someone got shipping documents confused. Not helped by me and Purchasing Manager being in Taiwan last week and not as “all over it” as we should have been.
    I’m quite sure Jamie didn’t “lie” but could well have had duff info and over-promised.
    Apologies. It has been an enlightening process which has already created new processes.
    I want to be excitedly telling people that things are hear EARLY not apologising for lateness.

bampot
    Free Member

Apology (sincerely) accepted :-).

I’m sure Jamie didn’t “lie”, but gave a solid reassurance: “The frames arrived yesterday and are being booked in as we speak”, which made me hopeful…

As posted above; It’s a Scandal… my order is in, and I’m quite prepared/expecting to wait a bit. Maybe the lack of info/certainty of delivery does add a certain frisson to the excitement of a new frame…

As mentioned earlier, I ‘ve passed out several times holding my breath waiting for the Race/Lurcher/ti29er to appear (in a 16″) when promised (and I’m a diver so I’m pretty good at holding my breath :D). This will be my third On-One in the shed, as well as encouraging mates to buy them, but the goodwill I have for the brand just keeps getting tested.

Brilliant design/geometry, great price etc.. If the new processes can just nail the delivery/stock issues, you’ll be on a winner (again).

Look forward to hearing about products being here early 😀

scaredypants

remind me – the carbon 29er (not racey one) Binned or just delayed ?

scaredypants

serous question, BTW – anyone know ?

Bazz

Delayed, i think Brant said March.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Thinking about ordering one of the new frames, but is it going to be any better or worse than the last Scandal and also having to buy a new seatpost, seatpost clamp, headset and probably a new front mech as the old one pulled from the top and the new one pulls from the bottom (dirty cables etc). I might just stick with my old faithful, What do you think?

scud
    Free Member

tk46hal.

I’ve got an older Scandal now and have ordered one of the new frames, i’ll let you know and post up a pic when it’s built.

inbred853

tk46hal,

First dibs on your old frame if you end up selling.(the green one!) 😉

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Pics of the new scandals on the US site

linky

http://shop.titusti.com/products/on-one-scandal-29er-swapout-frame

Shandy
    Free Member

Does that include tax? If so they’re just the £50 cheaper in the States…

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Would imagine there would be VAT and import tax on top so prob work out about the same price maybe a little more than UK.

I was just looking for pics as i had pre-ordered a UK one a couple of weeks ago.

Rorschach
    Free Member

How much for a scruffy green 19.5 one with no cable guides d’ya reckon? (before it goes on the classifieds)

Shandy
    Free Member

I’m not talking about importing one, more pointing out that they’re prepared to sell them cheaper in the States.

bampot
    Free Member

Looking at the yank pics (and now looking back at brant’s build up), what the hell is going on with the rear brake hose mounts? Under the top tube (good), and then the mounts are on the top of the chainstay!How the hell are you supposed to route a hose between them? Notice Brant isn’t using them.

Brant/On-One, tell me this isn’t the final production frame. Frame design 101: FAIL! This could be a deal breaker. 😥

brant
    Free Member

US pricing doesn’t include sales tax as we operate out of Portland. We have to pay VAT on uk sales, so that’s your difference there.
    Downtube/chainstay Mounts for brake routing is for SS use. Top tube/seatstay for geared use.

Rorschach
    Free Member

There’s going to be some heavy duty dremel use……and not just to erase stevo’s name off everything 😉

Shandy
    Free Member

The US site product description also says it has continuous cable routing, it must be an old description.

druidh
    Free Member

It is. That’s the text that was on the UK On One site until the weekend.

Still – at last I can see what the decals are like now 🙂

bampot
    Free Member

Okay, a closer look at the pics suggests that there’s just a multitude of options for hose routing (?). Toptube/chainstay, downtube (single mount?)/seat stay, or variations on the theme. Maybe on a 456, with the top tube mounts for a dropper post (which still leaves spares on the seatstay…), but this is supposedly a “race” frame.

I agree Rorschach…. where’s me Dremel….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 218 total)

The topic ‘NEW SCANDAL 29ER’ is closed to new replies.