• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by gee.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Salsa Singlespeed….
  • gee
    Free Member

After the dilemma about trying to find a nice Ti frame and not being able to, I decided that as I couldn’t get a Ti Selma which is what I really wanted I’d go for an El Mar instead. I also reckoned that spending that much on a frame for a bike I don’t ride much and having to buy a new headset was too much.

I swapped the parts from my old Selma frame. I’ve loved riding a rigid fork on my Ala Carte over the winter and wanted to get a rigid one on the SS as well, so went with one of these… It’s a 2011 blue El Mariachi, medium. Hope hubs and brakes, King headset, Salsa parts and I got one of the SS hangers to neaten it up a bit. Totally silent and smooth… and hopefully partaking in SSUK this year.

GB

tazzymtb

looks good Gee, not as slinky as a selma (old or new), but them I’m very biased!.

do like the blackcatesque swinging dropouts.

c_klein87

looks nice Gee, really like the dropout design, seems a sensible way of doing it, niner ebb’s work well but still a faff adjusting them. surely it can’t be that silent with hope hubs 😉

gee
    Free Member

Haha yes I thought you’d say that Tazzy… The dropouts are very simple and so easy to adjust. I’d have loved a ti Selma but that wasn’t going to be possible. I was torn to keep the Selma or not, I’m a but sad to have it sat unbuilt now 🙁

inbred853

gee,

Looks good, should be finishing off building my small Ell Mar in the next few weeks, going for 9 speed and rigid as yours, however I went for carbon, can’ wait to get out on it.

tazzymtb

Gee- if you’re racing at E6 this year you can have a stroke of my scandyummy one for old times sake 😀

takisawa2

Absolutely gorgeous. Love that colour. Rigid steel fork fan here also. Can’t wait for my Niner steel ones to come back from the painters.

Ringo
    Free Member

Nice bike, I don’t mind rigid got two bikes that are rigid. But I love the bounce up front you can definitely go faster

tazzymtb

that’s just because your wrists are a bit…..limp Ringo. If you had big burly man arms you wouldn’t need a boingy frontage, you could cope with being stiff and 29″ all the time 😀

Ringo
    Free Member

I can cope with 29″ its the only size that satisfies 🙂 just like some give at the front as I’m a clumsy fecker who likes to bash through stuff

njee20
    Free Member

Wheels look too big!

gee
    Free Member

Thanks Nick….

I may be at E6 Tazzy, not sure yet as I may be at a mate’s 30th party. We’ll see. If I am there I’ll be doing solo for a change (not on that bike!)

I have some Stans Crest rims coming for it too, along with some blue nips for pimp factor…

GB

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Salsa Singlespeed….’ is closed to new replies.