Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • NEW rockshox REVS 20mm ..FORKS lock out not working HELP Advice
  • jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Got these of a friend cheapish as the lock out isnt working ..
    Dont use the locout much like but what may can be wrong ?? as id love to fix it ?

If i download the manual will this help ??

Any info will be ACE

PJM1974
    Free Member

IIRC Rockshox forks have an issue with the seals around the Motion Control. I'm not sure if it's user serviceable (although someone on here will have probably fixed it) but mine were modified by TF Tuned and haven't given any problems since.

glenh
    Free Member

Revalations don't have a proper lock out.

They have adjustable low speed compression damping (blue dial) with an adjustable high speed blow off (flood gate, little knob on top of the blue dial or small allen key in a hole).

If the flood gate is set to minimum then you will not feel any difference when changing the low speed compression ('lock out') as the blow off opens with any small pressure.

Try adjusting the flood gate.

If that doesn't help and it actually is broken, take the compression damper out (very easy) and check the seals etc (service manual is available for download from rockshox website).

nuke

Let the air out and compress the fork: if they have full travel then it might be low oil levels in the upper right leg i.e. in the MOCO unit…if the oil is lower than the circuit, the 'lockout' will not work.

If you can't get full travel when compressed it maybe that other common problem of the seal blowing and the oil in the upper right fork leg escaping into the lowers.

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

thx all will have a blast thursday >>>>>

stumpyjon

Tis easy enough to fix (temporarily) with a clean, service and refill. TFT seem to be able to sort it permenantly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘NEW rockshox REVS 20mm ..FORKS lock out not working HELP Advice’ is closed to new replies.