Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • White Peak: Fallinge Edge
  • HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I've just been having a bit of a look over the maps round Rowsley and one of the few non-cheeky bits I'm not familiar with is this: http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=427377&y=365455&A=Y&Z=115 worth a look?

Also, let's say I had a friend who liked walking on narrow paths. Would he enjoy this: http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=428227&y=364067&A=Y&Z=115? Or should he just stick with Black Down down to Two Dales?

Cheers 🙂

cuckoo
    Free Member

The bridleway is OK and worth doing to see if you like it. Personally if i was around there i would head down the green lane near Sydnhope Hall. The bridleway can get a bit boggy in places as it is a grassy track across fields near the top (with a couple of gates). There is a narrow bit which is where it can be boggy. Last time i rode it though, the section entering the woods has become very badly cut up. It looked to me like alot of MX'ers had been along there causing damage which was a shame IMO. It links up nicely with the woods near Northwood where you have a few options.

Your friend may enjoy the area that you asked about if it is the area i am thinking of. Although near the bottom it is perhaps not as narrow as he would ideally prefer. I remember getting to it from Back lane which was interesting and somewhere i intended to explore further but so far haven't had the time.

Pieface

The 'Fallinge Edge' Bridleway is a bit flat and fieldy, starts to get a bit interesting near the woods. At the T-junction turn North and it gets good.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

I know the Northwood Carr/Copy/Rowsley Woods fairly well but had never tried that BW; I'm not in a massive hurry to now!

when i hamfistedly typed, "with Black Down" i meant, "Back Lane down…" Again, I know Back Lane (not been for a couple of years tho') and enoyed it's rocky lower stretches. I'm half planning a route up there that will take me somewhere unfamiliar but I'm struggling to come up with something that will beat my tried and tested routes up there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘White Peak: Fallinge Edge’ is closed to new replies.