Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New rim time. Recommendations!
  • mactheknife

OK, really not overly impressed with the carbon wheels I am running so they will shortly be for sale. The plan now is to have a set of alloy rims built to a set of hope pro2 hubs.

I could go with what I know and get a new set of flows, mainly as I really like the grip and feel of wider tyres so wider rims make sense. Or…………

stevied
    Free Member

DT EX471/511 for wide and tough or XM481 to save a bit of weight.

mactheknife

As long as the weight is reasonable then I am happy. Cheers, I’ll have a look at those two.

mactheknife

Bumpity bump….

hatter

The real world weights of the XM 481’so tend to compare very favourably with budget carbon offeringsteel of a similar width.

Moonglu cycles would be a good place to start, thier builds seem to be very highly regarded on here.

scotroutes

Nothing from WTB? KOM i25s are pretty light for their width

honourablegeorge

New flows are light and are treating me well so far. Newer DT rims are also excellent, would take your pick of DT 471/Flow/DT 551 in order of width

mactheknife

I always got on with Flow EX, but after trying out some pretty wide carbon wheels i am now sold on the extra width, just not the feeling of Carbon unfortunately. I was erring down the new flow Mk3 route but am open to any suggestions really. Thanks all ill get my google fu working later 🙂

nytmadn
    Free Member

There’s also Easton Arc 27/30 depending on how much width you want, Ryde Trace Enduro, and Spank with the slightly ridiculous 345.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New rim time. Recommendations!’ is closed to new replies.