Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New Raleigh Commuter – I want one….
  • flange
    Free Member

Love this

Shame they probably won’t bring them in over here. Looks like it’s got Di2 Alfine as well…..

fadda

Never thought I’d say this about a commuter (and I have no real use for it), but I want!

Where do I need to go, in order to get one…?

tinsy
    Free Member

Frist Raleigh I have wanted since my Chopper..

flange
    Free Member

The States by the look of it. I think this discussion has been had on here but Raleigh in the states is a different company to the Raleigh over here. Whilst our lot churn out rubbish low end stuff, in the US they get all the nice things. Their SS belt drive 29er looks lovely too

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

Looks like a Charge Mixer to me…

flange
    Free Member

I suppose it does a bit – although there’s not that overwhelming smugness about the Raleigh

Like this too

flange
    Free Member

Its a fair point on the Mixer comment

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

That belt drive bike is cool too… I just couldn’t ride a Raleigh after all the years of seeing £59.99 bikes in the Argos catalogue

mrchrispy

Focus do this (8 speed alfine with chain)

and this (8 speed alfine with belt)

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

it’s not steel though… there is something quite nice about a steel commuter bike.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why anyone would choose a commuter bike without mudguards and a rack, either included or optional, is beyond me.

That Charge has no rack mounts, so is an instant fail.

binners

OOOOOOOOOO! M!! G!! A desirable Raleigh? 😯

Its a while since we’ve seen one of them

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

“That Charge has no rack mounts, so is an instant fail”

It does….

flange
    Free Member

I like the fact that all (with the exception of the MTB) have the disc mount on the chainstay. Try mounting m’guards or a rack with the mount in the usual place, its nigh on impossible.

I much prefer the look of these to my Pomp but I do wonder how viable these are compared to a proper drop bar bike. I think they’re fairly limited to ‘living in a city, commute less than 10 miles’ type riding although I could be wrong. My commute is 25 miles each way, not sure I’d find a flat narrow bar that comfortable for that sort of distance.

does anyone do a long commute using a flat bar?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Raleigh Commuter – I want one….’ is closed to new replies.