Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • New President of the USA…
  • jimjam
    Free Member

Del – Member

i would say michelle obama rather well qualified. you don’t get to be first lady without having some political ability of your own.

#Melania #potus2020 #keepitinthefamily #voteMelania2020

squirrelking
    Free Member

you don’t get to be first lady without having some political ability of your own

Really?

Not doubting her credentials but I’m pretty sure that’s not a requirement in the slightest.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Is it too much to ask for someone with actual experience and political credentials rather than their celebrity status?

Good point! We should choose them off this list…. 🙂
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_who_played_the_President_of_the_United_States

Del

fair point on melania. 😳
    trump has turned a lot of things on its head.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Name George W Bush’s wife, not mother, without googling it. Not much has changed really, Hillary was the exception, not the rule.

Riksbar

Laura, and Barbara before Hillary, and Nancy before Barbara, can’t remember Jimmy Carter’s wife though!

funkmasterp

Mrs Carter

wiggles
    Free Member

So basically the choices are now down to people who are married to previous presidents or celebrities?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Ivanka Trump?
    Be afraid…

Junkyard
    Free Member

this and we dont live in the US either

Northwind

wiggles – Member

So basically the choices are now down to people who are married to previous presidents or celebrities?

Pretty fair to say that of 45 presidents, only 2 have been celebs (and the first happened almost 40 years ago; it’s not a new thing) and none at all have been married to previous presidents.

I think that it’s only necessary to be one of those 2 if you’re a woman. Or be a right wing nutjob, that’ll help

alpin
    Free Member

Surely we are overlooking this guy who clearly has all the attributes.

I think the one to the left has better attributes.

😉

It’s all very surreal. Kinda what you would expect satirists to be writing, but strangely their material is the reality.

tjagain

Michelle Obama was the power in that couple IMO – and I would think she would make a very good president

Poopscoop

rmacattack – Member
    omg lol. this is just a laughing stock. hard to believe that the once strongest and greatest nations on the planet is debating what movie actor/actress/ singer/social media poser they want as their next leader. Trump was bottom of the barrel enough. surprised to not see more of the kartrashians on it, or someone like logan paul. ffs america

Yet some question the existence of parallel universes, eh?

Been desperately trying to find my original one since Brexit…now with Trump I’m separately clicking my red heels together and chanting, “there’s no place like home…”

batfink
    Free Member

It’ll be interesting to see when the democrats start positioning their preferred candidate for 2020.

I think they are waiting for Trump’s ratings to bottom-out, or some unsurpassable episode of buffoonery. I guess the challenge would be identifying when the qualifier “unsurpassable” has been reached 🙂

I’d like to see Obama/Biden…. or even gorgeous George

Superficial
    Free Member

Michelle Obama was the power in that couple IMO

How did you come to that conclusion? I’m not saying you’re wrong out of hand but I can’t see how you’ve reached it.

America just voted for a regressive misogynist racist. I’m not sure they are ready for a progressive black woman. Hope I’m wrong, I hope Trump digs his own grave with his actions in the next few months and the backlash means they can allow a more progressive democratic candidate to run.

stewartc
    Free Member

America just voted for a regressive misogynist racist. I’m not sure they are ready for a progressive black woman

I suspect people voted for Trump in the same way that 80’s film with Richard Pryor, Brewsters Millions, turned out and the classic vote for ‘none of the above’. People were just fed up with the status Quo.

You couldn’t get more of a difference between Clinton and Trump, one a career politician and the other a TV personalty (in a vague sense).

I imagine equilibrium will return at the next elections and Trump will not be involved.

glenh
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    Oprah is just good at dramatic speeches in public

Sounds to me she’s as qualified as Trump then.

Or Hitler.

freeagent
    Free Member

I’m sure Michelle Obama would be great, but I’m not sure she wants the job.. too much grief.

Oprah would get the popular vote, mostly because people recognise her from the telly (like Trump)

I reckon the rock would be good, and he would certainly look better shirt-off wrestling a shark than Putin.

My Mum is convinced George Clooney should go for it.. her justification is that he isn’t as dumb as he looks/his peers, and would be better than Trump/Oprah.
    It might just be an old-lady crush though..

She is also convinced that Trump is trying to build a Dynasty with him winning two terms and Ivanka going for it in 2024..

ransos
    Free Member

America just voted for a regressive misogynist racist.

It did, but it’s worth remembering that he was less popular than Hillary Clinton, and he’s only in office because of the quirks of the electoral college. Given that Trump’s popularity has not improved since, it’s not difficult to imagine a better candidate than Clinton getting elected.

arrpee
    Free Member

From Twitter:

“Politics is now picking a billionaire and pledging fealty. Feudalism is back, baby, and it’s better than ever.”

jimjam
    Free Member

stewartc – Member

I suspect people voted for Trump in the same way that 80’s film with Richard Pryor, Brewsters Millions, turned out and the classic vote for ‘none of the above’. People were just fed up with the status Quo.

Correct. Trump is the political equivalent of Jedward, Wagner or Honey G on X-Factor. He’s the rejection of a status quo that assumes people will continue to do what they are told. He’s the spanner in the works and as such he never had to be good, or qualified or careful what he said or did, in fact the less statesman like he acts the better. It’s a bigger f.u to “the elite”.

ransos – Member

Given that Trump’s popularity has not improved since, it’s not difficult to imagine a better candidate than Clinton getting elected.

Better candidate can mean many things though. A half decent career politician who isn’t obviously a corrupt hypocrite can probably smash Trump if he or she has a degree of spontaneity about them.

Oprah Winfrey on the other hand is only “better” than Clinton in the context of identity politics, intersectionality and privilege. She’s not qualified at all, and she represents the “corrupt Hollywood elite”. Pitting her against Trump would be like trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Oprah Winfrey on the other hand is only “better” than Clinton in the context of

And…

Not laundering money from the DNC for her own campaign.
    Not taking money from every dictatorship in the world.
    Not taking bribes from Russian companies.
    Not kept rapists of jail.
    Not being married to an Lolita express frequent flyer.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I reckon this guys doing an impeccable job, to get himself sacked..

jimdubleyou

Is Jed Bartlett allowed to run again?

He seemed to do a good job in that documentary from the 1990s.

ransos
    Free Member

Oprah Winfrey on the other hand is only “better” than Clinton in the context of identity politics, intersectionality and privilege. She’s not qualified at all, and she represents the “corrupt Hollywood elite”. Pitting her against Trump would be like trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

Like Trump, she has no political experience. On the other hand she grew up in poverty and is entirely self-made. I strongly suspect that she has a fair bit more about her than someone whose only achievement was to squander his inheritance.

jimjam
    Free Member

ransos – Member

Like Trump, she has no political experience. On the other hand she grew up in poverty and is entirely self-made. I strongly suspect that she has a fair bit more about her than someone whose only achievement was to squander his inheritance.
    [/quote]

I agree with you, but that’s not my point. Put it like this, if Oprah can’t beat Trump, despite being black, and a woman, and coming from poverty, and suffering abuse and battling obesity who do you chose to run against Ivanka or Donald Jr in 2024?

How many oppression points do you need in order to win?

ransos
    Free Member

I agree with you, but that’s not my point. Put it like this, if Oprah can’t beat Trump, despite being black, and a woman, and coming from poverty, and suffering abuse and battling obesity who do you chose to run against Ivanka or Donald Jr in 2024?

How many oppression points do you need in order to win?

“Despite being black and a woman”? I would’ve thought that to be a significant hindrance.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Sean Spicer said the other day:

her running may not be a good idea, as she lacks political experience.

This was utterly lost on him

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc[/video]

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘New President of the USA…’ is closed to new replies.