Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • New PACE steel hardtail
  • brant
    Free Member

“from the town of Yorkshire, England…”

It was “The town of yorkshire makes more than just good puddings.”

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

OK – I’ve been out-geeked 😉

brant
    Free Member

Steve Worland made some T-shirts up with it on. I had one. I had the first pair of aftermarket RC-30’s (still do actually, in the garage).

Pace retro geek 😉

clubber
    Free Member

You know it looks nice and it is a Pace (speaking as a Pace fan here) but I’m not really wowed by it as there’s nothing obvious on there that makes me think it’s anything different from any number of other decent frames. I’m hoping that when the full details come out that maybe there will be more to it than meets the eye…

yoshimi

Brant……..have you hacked the site 😉

Looks nice, but SS are for gayers and its expensive for a hardtail

Farmer_John
    Free Member

I’d love to see Pace doing a singlespeed with the square tubing they used on the first RC100 bikes – they were real works of art.

clubber
    Free Member

Pace’s site has been showing as a risk when reached from google for a while now btw – I was getting a service manual from there a few weeks ago and got that message. Just go directly: http://pace-racing.co.uk/

woool
    Free Member

I’m really torn on this one… I’m sure the bike has been well designed and will make a good steel ride, SS or geared.

However, for someone who has for years bought Pace, the indignant and inconsistent customer service I’ve experienced over the past few years has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Looks like I’m sticking with my Explosif.

scruff
    Free Member

SS are for gayers

+1

clubber
    Free Member

+2

oh hold on…

Kuco

Being a Pace doesn’t do anything for me Imo it’s the colour that makes the bike look really nice to me. And could do with out the white rims.

Oh and nothing about it here.

http://pacecycles.com/default.asp

thepodge
    Free Member

oh my god, i’m equally shocked that its not square, and its steel but i’m still in love.
    this is not bang at the top of my wish list

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

It wont come with Hope stem and USE post and a lot of the other icer bits though will it? id someone say £500? for it? I would have thought a lot more if it has the same build as the pic. It would b better with sliding dropouts.

STATO
    Free Member

£500 for frame only seth, people were just wondering what bits they built the show bike up with.

YoGrant
    Free Member

Full custom is 853 protein with a stainless steel chainstay hence the lack of paint. Fillet brazed as thats currently the only way to get the stainlass stay to stick to the cromo BB shell and is also the builders prefered method of construction and it LOOKS NICE. Full custom geo AND can be built SS OR GEARED. And any Pantone colour you like.

Off the peg bike will be Tig welded 853, minus the stainless chainstay I believe and standard geo.
    Spoke to Adrian at the show and gleened the pic and info there. BUT I had consumed a good deal of Innis and Gunn so all details may not be correct!

brant
    Free Member

UK built?

YoGrant
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have thought so on the Off the peg model Brant….but the full custom looks very familiar in build style and I could probably take a guess at who put that particular set of tube together ;0)

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

im surprised you remember that much Grant! you were ratted! cracking night tho……

sslowpace
    Free Member

Loving that!!

So why can’t pace come up with a new composite rigid fork like the original RC30? Alloy crown, alloy or 853 fork legs(painted to match the frame) and alloy dropouts. Can’t be that hard to do?

thepodge
    Free Member

not many people seem to want to do a rigid metal fork, seems odd to me, i’d have thought there would be a huge market.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Ooooh, that looks nice. Dammit, wasn’t going to buy another frame for a while. *tentative* Anyone wanna buy a 20″ 853 Inbred frame, in red?(with decorative chainsuck tattoos). 😉

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

lots of steel rigid forks available, more than carbon…….

aracer
    Free Member

Well that’s it. Pace are now officially JABC* – they’ve gone a long way away from their roots. Is there a single innovative feature on that bike (remembers square tubes, stems welded to steerer which was clamped at the crown, hollow tube cranks etc.)?

*Just another bike company

walleater

Needs a Dave Yates sticker.

lister-hooded
    Free Member

to be launched at September bikeshow was info I got on asking about availability…

OH Well … time to save up as I don’t think the photos do it justice, the custom build looked real clean

brant
    Free Member

Is there a single innovative feature on that bike

I put forward the “unpainted stainless chainstay” as a USP.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I agree if its going to, be £500 for the frame. No doubt built in the far east. Its just not exciting enough to get 500 quid out. The chainstay thing adds nothing in my book. The bike looks good but in a generic way.

Oh and Brant if you dont have your chainstay rusting on your singlespeed then its obvious that it wont get the hell smacked out of it stuck in your shed! The last Steel On One frame I had was orange with rust even after using a chainstay protector. Mind it did have tipex for paint!

rega
    Free Member

Isnt it the same colour as the Orange R8

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/article/mps/uan/6492

thepodge
    Free Member

seth-enslow666 – Oh and Brant if you dont have your chainstay rusting on your singlespeed then its obvious that it wont get the hell smacked out of it stuck in your shed! The last Steel On One frame I had was orange with rust even after using a chainstay protector. Mind it did have tipex for paint!

I’d be more worried about your hideously slack chain on the SS if that was the case. the chain on my SS stays a good inch or so away from the chainstay at ALL times

aracer
    Free Member

I put forward the “unpainted stainless chainstay” as a USP.

USP maybe, but innovative?

Anthony
    Free Member

My email from Pace indicates a custom geometry fillet brazed 853 frame including any RAL paint, with 953 stainless chainstay/dropout for £700ish.

I’ll be keeping my eye on this one for sure.

Dave
    Free Member

Oh and Brant if you dont have your chainstay rusting on your singlespeed then its obvious that it wont get the hell smacked out of it stuck in your shed!

Can Seth explain how chainslap works with a singlespeed please?

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

No not really cant be arsed! As I never said singlspeed. I was meaning in general. Geared or non geared. Just for the record I have seen quite a few single speed frames with chain slap. It must also be a slight concern to Pace as they have gone to all that hastle to make a stainless chain stay. I’m sure they thouigh when they made it that it was just a waste of time though!

Dave
    Free Member

Just for the record I have seen quite a few single speed frames with chain slap.

Really? If it’s loose enough to slap the chainstay I’d be suprised if the chain stayed on the cog and chainring on descents.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Nice colour. Not slack enough.

compositepro
    Free Member

not really innovative theres tons of people done the stainless stay thing before

custom geometry on a production bike in the UK is quite interesting though been a while since builders did that Im pretty sure there could be a market for all the people who nitpick at the geometry of their bikes

Hairychested
    Free Member

How much is the frame?

brant
    Free Member

not really innovative theres tons of people done the stainless stay thing before

tons?

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

Brant, there is tons of bike with stainless stays, the ones were the chains are all slack, taken all the paint of……. ;0)

hora
    Free Member

£500 for a 853 Pace? Thats not bad. Thing is, there are soo many frames to choose from out there you need to have a USP dont you?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘New PACE steel hardtail’ is closed to new replies.