Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New Model Army – Manchester Academy Tonight
  • TheSanityAssassin

Anyone else off then?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

No I'm not, but hello! 8)

ton

jonny, you wearing some of those big clog things…… 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

no, I was going to but (a) I'm ill (b) it's sold out and (c) I'll go to Leeds in March instead. Much nearer.

Enjoy anyway

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Wish i could afford it 🙁

Silly thing is, my mate works for one of the Co's serving the Academy and can get me in on a complimentary. Still can't afford the night out though.

Remember buying my 'hippies with attitude' t-shirt there on the last night of the Impurity tour – good times….

sc-xc

Still got my Hippies…t-shirt. Although the neck and sleeves went before the first time it got worn!

TheSanityAssassin

muddydwarf – Member
    Wish i could afford it

Silly thing is, my mate works for one of the Co's serving the Academy and can get me in on a complimentary. Still can't afford the night out though.

Remember buying my 'hippies with attitude' t-shirt there on the last night of the Impurity tour – good times….

I could have picked you up on my way through from t'Udders if I'd have known, fella.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oh well – ta for the thought tho' 🙂

<wonders if clogs still fit>

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Can anyone remember the lad who crashed really badly at the Manchester Impurity gig – 2nd night i think it was?

I remember he'd been dropping boxfuls of pro-plus all tour then had a fit at the Academy – carted off in an ambulance i seem to recall..

TheSanityAssassin

FoxyChick – Member
    No I'm not, but hello!

*slicks eyebrows*

Weeeell, hellerrr…

ton – Member
    jonny, you wearing some of those big clog things……

They're in the loft somewhere Ton, I'll dig em out again someday. If I told you how easy they are to screw some cleats to, I bet you'd be down to Walkley's for a pair in the morning….
    Instead I'll be wearing my steely's with the pink laces.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Also – do any of you lot remember Darryl?

Stocky lad, die-hard Vegan?

Poor bloke. 🙁 Horrible what happened to him.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Clogs – i had the normal jobbies (still got 'em in fact) and the uber-fashionable-at-the-time german para-clogs!
    Mine had steel heels, steel toes and the full irons on the bottom, made me look pretty daft as i slid the length of Dusseldorf Airport on 'em!

vdubber67
    Free Member

Saw them in Birmingham last night – top gig. Still got my clogs from 19(!) years ago, although I don't actually wear them anymore! 🙂

sc-xc

Poor bloke. Horrible what happened to him.

What happened?

Raindog
    Free Member

Not a NMA fan myself, but I did see Ed busking in Chester the other day – I assume he still plays with them ? We used to get stoned together in Oxford 20 odd years ago when I lived there. Small world.

TheSanityAssassin

It was teh awsumz.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Barry –
    Darryl was working on the touring production of Riverdance in South Africa. He was walking back to his hotel after the gig (about 300yrds) when he was robbed for his laptop. The robbers shot him 3 times and left him dying in the street 🙁

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Here's the story for those that knew Darryl.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/jun/28/arts.southafrica

sc-xc

cheers. Reading another link, I would have known him. NMA, Levellers & BTTP fans inhabited quite a small world. Terrible story.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Still waiting for news of the Oz tour, will make the Melbourne gig and Auckland obviously if the come over the ditch. Clogs long gone due to a catastrophic attic clearout by my dad.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Can't believe that these duds are still going.A lad that I used to hang around with ,had some NMA socks….he wore them with no hint of irony!!

sc-xc

Did Darryl have a Levellers fiddler tattoo on his uper arm?

sc-xc

Can't believe that these duds are still going

and I presume you meant…

Can't believe that these dudes are still going

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New Model Army – Manchester Academy Tonight’ is closed to new replies.