Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New lenses for old glasses
  • plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Need a new prescription but as an occasional wearer, I’m still fine with my old frames 8y+. How likely is it that I can still get the lenses to fit? More generally, how come there is such a wide range if lens shapes available? Is there a huge database of dimensions somewhere, or do they just cut them to shape using old ones as a template?

giantalkali
    Free Member

Your frame is used as a template, I spend all day doing it,

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Ah – cool. Couple of other q’s for you then, giant?

What’s the crack with getting prescription only from opticians and ordering my lenses and even frames online? Do you lose much by not having them “fitted” in the shop?

yeager2004
    Free Member

I’ve just sent my old pair of specs to be re-glazed to an online place. They mailed out a postage-paid box, and you simply post it back along with your glasses and prescription.

It’s certainly cheaper than the High Street, but a slow service (more than 2 weeks now since posting them off and still waiting to get them back).

It’s not a problem as I’m it’s a spare pair, but would be a consideration if it is your main pair.

Cheers

mark90
    Free Member

I did the the online re-glaze old glasses thing with http://www.ciliaryblue.com turn around was a couple of days.

scotroutes

I’m just about to order new prescription lenses for my old Oakley Half Jacket frames from Rx Sport. The optician has to provide you with your prescription. The only thing likely not on it will be your inter-pupil distance but you can measure that yourself or send your old lenses in.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New lenses for old glasses’ is closed to new replies.