Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New hoops 2013/14 Carbine
  • pipiom
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting a new set of wheels for the above (29er) I’d like to put 35mm rims on them and am currently running 30mm. How do I measure if they’ll fit?

Intense Carbine 160mm Pike.

poah
    Free Member

what do your 30mm rims not do that you need 35mm ones? tyres aren’t going to be much, if any wider on 35mm rims and the profile will be shit. Very few tyres are designed for wide rims.

pipiom
    Free Member

TBH I’m just replacing them to tart the bike up a bit…..I’m probably going with Nexties,just don’t want to do the measuring thing properly before I order.

benpinnick

What Poah Said. If you’re running normal tyres then 30mm is about as wide as you can go IMHO. Beyond that the tyres get too exposed and too flat. Also you’ll be carrying more weight I expect which is never a good thing. All that said, if you don’t mind the weight and run big tyres (regular 2.5s, Wide Trails or small plus tyres) then 35 is a good size. Size wise anything that isnt plus will fit a Pike I have found. But it gets tight for mud clearance on the Wide Trail tyres as they are taller than regular ones.

pipiom
    Free Member

Normally run Magic Mary 2.4 front and Hutchinson Toro 2.3 rear.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New hoops 2013/14 Carbine’ is closed to new replies.