Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New hardtail project but what frame to choose………..
  • Country_Gent
    Free Member

My beloved Cannondale CAAD5 frame has finally given up ghost so it’s time to sort out a new hardtail for hacking about the woods.

Really undecided whether to go Steel of Alu (budget of about £400 can’t stretch to Ti before you start down that road)

For steel been looking at Cotic Soul, Sanderson Air, Genesis Altitude

For Alu had looked at a Kenesis Maxlight so far.

Anything else I should be thinking of? Needs to run with 100mm forks but doesn’t need to be crazy light as I’m no whippet and I don’t race.

P.S. If anyone is after a Cannondale Lefty fork or wheel then check the classifieds……

JohnnyPanic

I recently had a Soul (nicked btw) with talas 130mm’s and it was a lovely bike. Joy to ride.

glenp
    Free Member

The new Kinesis steel looks nice too (see Bikeradar).

simonk
    Free Member

Err On one too 🙂

Country_Gent
    Free Member

Had obviously considered an one-one but a load of my mates ride them and while I understand that they must have all got them for a reason I wanted to avoid being a sheep so to speak (pure male pride issue though!)

alpin
    Free Member

WTF is a Sanderson Air?

Sanderson Life (853) or the Breath (cro-moly & shit name) both run 100mm ish forks.

i’ve got the Breath. great frame. very capable.

Country_Gent
    Free Member

Sorry, mis-quote. I meant Sanderson life. Had a butchers at one the other day and the frame finish looks top notch.

Dekerf
    Free Member

Rock lobster, merlin are doing a deal atm. Got a choice of either steel or Alu

alpin
    Free Member

frame finish is really good. nice clean welds. as a XC frame it is brill.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New hardtail project but what frame to choose………..’ is closed to new replies.