Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • New GoPro Hero3: just in time for Christmas :)
  • gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’ve got bottom of the range compacts from 10 years ago that beat it in every way apart from resolution, waterproofness and mounts.

Don’t forget image quality, sharpness, speed, functions, size, weight, battery life, robustness, compatibility, storage capacity, audio. 😉

GrahamS

But apart from that, what have the Romans GoPro ever done for us, eh?

AlexSimon

Graham S: – shot with GoPro
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkgnYqbraGE[/video]

stumpy01

The main thing for me would be usability – as broadly speaking most decent products have got image quality pretty sorted.

I got a Veho Muvi thing as a present & it is ridiculously unusable. The mounts are all rubbish and cost a lot, plus for some of them (chest harness for example) you also need to buy the handlebar mount to get the little clip that fits the camera to the chest mount. They don’t include it in the chest mount kit.
    Then when u get it mounted, the button is very fiddly & there’s no confirmation if it has started recording or not apart from a small light that you can’t see if it’s mounted on your helmet. And it goes into standby after two mins, so to wake it you have to press the same button you use to record, but now you end up with two instances of ‘did I press that hard enough?’…

so, yeah for me usability would be pretty key, although not sure anyone wants to see me mincing around CyB, to be honest…

billysugger
    Free Member

Say hello to buffering.

Buy GoPro3
    Buy new laptop
    Buy faster broadband

Repeat

Wish they’d spend some profit on sensors. The MTB bit in that vid looks poor in comparison because it’s under the trees not in the perfect light of a snowy mountain.

AlexSimon

New GoPro promo – a bit different to the usual.
    Definitely plays to the GoPro’s strengths:

[video]http://vimeo.com/52009631[/video]

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘New GoPro Hero3: just in time for Christmas :)’ is closed to new replies.