• This topic has 22 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New Evil Revolt.
  • richc
    Free Member

Spotted this over at nsmb.com, and thought it might be of interest.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Unfortunately its no where near as nice as some of the CAD designs on the old website for the Imperial twin top tube design that was floating around or the version with the Gbox.

yossarian
    Free Member

still waiting to hear what evil are doing with the sovereign, I think i may ‘need’ one : )

hora
    Free Member

It looks like its been squashed in one of those Boscom Bay containers 😆

MrNutt
    Free Member

that doesn’t look half as nice as the CAD models, I’m disappointed 🙁

That said I’m bidding on this beauty on ebay (begs the gods of ebay that no one else bids against me as I’m skint!)

now that is one tasty beast!! I’ve got everything crossed that I win it!

hora
    Free Member

richc
    Free Member

why the picture of the Specialized? surely you aren’t comparing the two?

hora
    Free Member

I know, it just reminds me of the SX trail. Not the suspension just something about it (and not just the paint!)

VanHalen

that canfield is LUSH.

evil is nothing special. a linkage driven single pivot. weve been there before…

richc
    Free Member

looks slightly more complex than that

and considering its an evolution of the DW link I suspect it might be something slightly special

rj
    Free Member

Yossarian, the Sovereign is dropping in price to £550, but it will be Reynolds 520 instead of 853 if my sources are correct.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

an evolution of the DM link, nope, its a linkaged driven single pivot! Nothing wrong with that, but its nothing groundbreaking.

the upper triangle squashes the shock down, the lower end is bolted to the swingarm. The marketing guys will tell you that this enables the geometry to be adjusted without affecting suspension. In reality, DH bikes seem to have settled on the lowest BB heights reasnobly practicable, so why adjust it?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

as for lookalikes, sunn radical anyone?

brant
    Free Member

Nice cable guides.

richc
    Free Member

he needs to put in some nice screw in ones eh 😉

VanHalen

the humble zip tie is much underrated.

you would hope they come free with a (circa) 2k frame though.

STATO
    Free Member

Nice cable guides.

the welded ones on the chainstay and next to the BB? To be fair they are in the wrong place. The way the hose is routed is much better as the arc would only get a bit tighter as it compresses. Using the proper guides would pull on the hose as the guides would get further apart as the bike uses its travel, not that well thought out really.

richc
    Free Member

I guess thats one of the wonders of prototypes (which it is), you can find the flaws and fix them before it goes to production

hora
    Free Member

New mbr says it’ll be 2.2k?!!!!!!!!!!!

It is nice (I wont deny that).. but I’d rather have an Intense. **** that. I know they have to pay for their porkpie hats for the adverts and all but surely Specialized are having a laugh with their new special niche/brand?

richc
    Free Member

Evil bikes aren’t owned by Specialized? so I don’t get your point (not for the 1st time, I have to admit)

Evil bikes was closed in 2007 by then-owner Dave Weagle after his other interests went supernova – he’s the man behind e.thirteen bashguards and the dw-link suspension design used on the world-beating Iron Horse Sunday downhill bike. Until recently, the only sign of activity on Evil’s official website was a teasing statement that the brand would be delivered into safe hands.

Then, in September, after finding big enough gaps in their other commitments, the new owners were revealed as Todd Seplavy, Kevin Walsh and Gabe Fox.

Seplavy has worked in the industry for 10 years, with notable success, in particular, with the rebirth of Iron Horse. Having completed a short and enjoyable spell at Specialized, he says he was “ready to get back to my roots and start from scratch.”

Walsh is the head honcho of the graphic design company Superbig Creative. He designed Iron Horse’s graphics, where he met Seplavy. Keen to brand his own product, in addition to his work for others, he is Evil’s creative director and financial operations manager.

Fox is Evil’s assistant product development and global sales manager. He cut his teeth at Sombrio, then at Cove, but was looking for a new challenge and a change of scenery.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think the evil sovereign is one of the nicest looking frames out there. There was some guy on STW ver1.0 used to post a dark teal blue one with orange menjas – looked the nuts.

Stoner
    Free Member

I thought there was a post the other day aboue IronHorse going tits up

hora
    Free Member

richc, the funding/company behind Evil.
    and stop getting soo bloody defensive! After all if you said you didnt like a Santa Cruz I’d say mhey. Blimey, its a bike brand not your conjoined-bro (well unless you come from Darwin/Bolton way) 🙄 😆

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New Evil Revolt.’ is closed to new replies.