Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New Decade Virsa Prestige Frames
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

New for 2011-2012 – Grey (with blue hue) looks nice IMHO 🙂

http://kinesisdecade.co.uk/news.php

daveagiles
    Free Member

That grey does look good!

I have one of the new Virsas and its great, they have really listened to the feedback from the old frame, with a thicket seat tube, better disk brake mounts and more options for forks.

And a 3 year warenty with great customer services, waht more could you want?

foxyrider
    Free Member

If I didn’t already have a XCPro3 then I would be tempted 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Green one look lush. A seat tube made of dense bushes – I like that 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It looks like a trailstar, but its not as good as a trailstar.

foxyrider
    Free Member

It has been one of the STW long termers for a while now and get good reviews!
    Edit: Trailstar is ALU though – this is Prestige butteryness 🙂

wwaswas

I’ve got a green one (vicar) not got the ‘update’ bells and whistles but it’s a lovely ride.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Trailstar is ALU though

Since when? They cant have can they?

foxyrider
    Free Member

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/frames/mountain/product/review-dmr-bikes-trailstar-frame-08-29168/

I stand corrected David 😳 The rot of the neurons 😉

[goes away with his head hung in shame]

DomMason
    Free Member

Geometry and tubing are completely different to venerable DMR Trailstar. The T* was an early Dirt Jump frame, The ‘Trail’ in Trailstar stood for Dirtjump trails rather than ST. The Virsa is designed with fast, all day ST rides firmly in mind and it works with longer forks than the original T*.

themanfromdelmonte
    Free Member

Hasn’t the Virsa got the same geo as a DMR Switchback?
    But it’s a bit lighter due to being Tange Prestige. Champion frame anyway, mine’s a beaut.

DomMason
    Free Member

Switchback was shorter and slacker I recall, but for similar travel.

Glad you are liking your Virsa and thanks to all for the valuable feedback on the new one.

We are always listening and acting on what you say.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Be interested in trying one out and comparing it with my XCPro3 – i.e. rear end and the 130mm setup for trail riding.

wwaswas

if you’re ever up Brighton way foxyrider mines available (only 120mm travel forks though).

foxyrider
    Free Member

ahh cheers WW – you never know 🙂

blackhat
    Free Member

Dom, I’m a very happy owner of an early one of these. I’ve got one in a green finish which is ace and attracts a lot of admiring looks. Unfortunately, I’ve picked up a couple of big scratches to that fine paintwork. Now some might say they’re just badges of honour but I fancy getting the frame back to its former glory: do you do touch up paint and/or does the colour have a name/code so that I can have a go?

DomMason
    Free Member

Hi black hat. I’m cutting down on the qty of touch-in paint that we hold. It’s so hard to transport and store. I only have a paint factory code that won’t help you. The best thing to do is go to a larger Halfords, they can do a paint match service over the motor counter.

I based the colour on my fave VW ‘Apple Green’ from 70’s Beetles if that helps? : /

Sorry I can’t be more useful.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New Decade Virsa Prestige Frames’ is closed to new replies.