Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • New custom hand made in Sheffield HT frame, what do you rekon?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

#topbantz

dannyh
    Free Member

Bloody hell, this has escalated a bit.

This will be my last post on this thread as I don’t really want to see it keep appearing at the top of the forum (as the contributors are effectively being used as marketing dupes).

I am from the midlands, so am now considered ineligible to comment (or buy any of this guy’s) wares, but here is my tuppence worth anyway. I ride a steel hardtail with 5 inch forks and a slack head angle (on one 456 evo 2 for the record). This type of bike is my thing. I don’t like full suss and probably will never own one. I initially clicked this thread out of interest (interest generated by my love of steel hardtails and non-global brands). I very rarely ride trail centres and when I get a day pass from home/work I immediately head to the dark peak 9 times out of 10 (but maybe that makes me a southern interloper in the eyes of the OP).

However, given the attitude of the OP I would now never even consider doing any business with him. What does his attitude say about after sales? Would I be called names if I dared to issue a valid complaint? Basically I have gone from “that looks interesting” to “oh well, another pillock avoided, thank god”.

The OP also needs to remember that sometimes it is the ‘gays’ who frequent trail centres who buy bikes that may make them ‘over biked’, but that is never the vendors problem. They should be looking to sell to as wide an audience as possible, not alienating 80% or more before they’ve even sold a single frame, and making themselves look like a dickhead into the bargain.

hora
    Free Member

OP are you Dave Hinde?

unovolo
    Free Member

Sounds like the OP has taken interpersonal skill training from the owners of certain other Sheffield based companies.

More like Dave Hinde!

My thoughts on the frame, its inoffensive and looks reasonable well finished for a prototype.

Likes-
    Integrated seatclamp and the idea of the rear dropouts.
    The headtube gusset is interesting but a potential mudtrap.
    Colour is nice.

Dislikes-
    Seat tube gusset
    The dropouts & derailleur hanger look bulky and unrefined.
    Not convinced that running cable guides under the chain stays is a great idea on a MTB, in fact to give it more of a USP why not look at running them internally.

I take it one of the reasons for devising your own internal seatclamp is for clean lines ,then keep it up with internal cable routing.
    Also the rear disc mount should really be postmount nowadays.

Good effort ,needs work but I take it that’s why you put it on here.
    Regards your PR there’s a saying “People buy from People” from your outbursts on here theres a good chance that you have alienated a large number of potential customers.

Look at how Brant from On One deals with posts on here, always very professional even when people are having a dig at On one products and/or customer service.

unovolo
    Free Member

Oh and I’m just the other side of the Pennines so a fully paid up Northern Scum,
    Have never ridden a trail centre in my life (But intend to at some point)
    Not gay but don’t really see why that would be a issue thought most people here are past the knuckle dragging era of homophobia.
    And have a Dialled Bikes Prince Albert so are a potential customer to you (You need to work a bit harder with your comments if you want to offend me though).

Superficial
    Free Member

Look at how Brant from On One deals with posts on here, always very professional even when people are having a dig at On one products and/or customer service.

This was not always the case. Not by a long stretch.

daveh
    Free Member

OP are you Dave Hinde?

Lol

plus-one

I read your posts tongue in cheek as intended …

Steel frame= good

British made = good

Attitude = good(I’m not easily offended)

Passion = good

Pissing off stw massive(easily done) = good

Don’t give a **** what others think = good

Carry on fella too many cynical/humorless/down on everything types on planet already !!! 🙂 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

You’re his mum aren’t you?

Superficial
    Free Member

Carry on fella too many cynical/humorless/down on everything types on planet already !!! 🙂

Was that ‘humourous’ though? In any way?

It just sounded like the childish angry rant of a shirty bigot. 🙄

hora
    Free Member

On one is really a sideline for Brant as he normally tours with his international band REM around asia

Cougar

Thanks to everyone who’s reported this thread so far. We figured it was more valuable to all concerned to allow readers to make their own minds up regarding this fairly unique brand of PR.

My 2p:

It seems strange to me to actively solicit comment, receive comment, and then tell everyone that you don’t give a shit what they think. “All PR is good PR” is the sort of thing I’d expect a teenager fresh out of marketing school to come out with. Here’s the thing. Everything you do reflects on you and your product.

You complained because someone said your website is shit, but the fact of the matter is that whilst that poster could have been more diplomatic, it is shit. The very first thing I thought when I saw your OP, long before your subsequent seppuku, was “wow, I hope they build frames better than they build websites.”

But you don’t care about what we think, or about your website, so how on earth are you going to persuade anyone that you care about frames? I don’t personally give a toss about your offensive comments, I’m northern so I’ve been called worse by close friends, but with your attitude to constructive criticism and your approach to the bits of your business I can see, I wouldn’t trust you to build a frame for a photograph.

I wish you well, and applaud what you’re trying to achieve. But you’re dreaming if you think that pissing off great chunks of your immediate target market is a good way to encourage business in a highly competitive market.

If anyone has anything further to add, do it now. I’m closing this thread when I get back from the shops, it’s about run its course I think.

_tom_
    Free Member

Really? He always comes across as a bit of a smug prick imo.

brant
    Free Member

I can understand that viewpoint.

andyl
    Free Member

😆

hillsplease

Good luck to the OP, but a bit more reflection before hitting ‘send,’ may be no bad thing. Yours from Manchester

misinformer
    Free Member

And lets be honest whilst there’s no actual excuse to come across as a smug prick, he’s actually in a position where he can be

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘New custom hand made in Sheffield HT frame, what do you rekon?’ is closed to new replies.