Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New cockpit thoughts – stem/bars…and bar-ends
  • DickBarton

I’m fancying a new set up on my bars – ditch the low riser and go back to flat bars and bar-ends.

I’ve got an FSA OS-150LX (6 degree rise) in 110mm length – the stem length feels fine along with an Easton EA70 Monkeybar low riser (I think it is 685mm???) – oversized.

I think I want a 10 degree rise stem in 110mm length but what is out there (in oversized)? Also, I’m after a very wide (650mm+) flat bar – where can I find them? I’ve got the bar-ends so just need thoughts on stems and bars…

I’m happy with the height of the bar I have just now but want more hand positions, hence the thinking of going flat with bar-ends. I think I need a higher rise stem to lift the flat bar up to the same height (or as close as possible) to the height of the low riser bar.

It’s rather obvious from my posts over last couple of days that I don’t read magazines so I’m needing some thoughts and input from folk in the know…thanks.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Thomson stem and any flat bar – there are many to choose from

not sure why you want to raise the flat bar to where a riser would be though. Why not just put some bar ends on your riser?

DickBarton

There is a greater sweep on the risers so the bar-ends don’t feel comfy…hence the need for flat bars as they don’t have as much sweep as risers do. I’m wanting to try to maintain the same height of bar as it is already low compared to my saddle and I don’t fancy it any lower as I no longer even pretend to have thoughts of racing…

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

oh i see 🙂

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Hope do a 10deg 110mm stem which is a nice bit of kit.

DickBarton

And it appears Truvativ do a flat bar that is 700mm wide…which is handy.

thomthumb
    Free Member

easton do a 685 flat bar. (ea50 & 70) got one on my bike – seems good.

DickBarton

Ah even better…thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New cockpit thoughts – stem/bars…and bar-ends’ is closed to new replies.