Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New car, no bluetooth, looking for options
  • ac505
    Free Member

Picking up a new car this weekend, unfortunately it has no bluetooth.

I am looking into various options, Parrot, clip on visor bluetooth kit or in ear thingy.

My current car has a Parrot kit in it, I would go as far to say its okay…….. Any suggestions on any of the three?

monkeyboyjc

I had a clip on visor thing. Cost less than £15 and worked perfectly – just needed to remember to charge I it.

garage-dweller

Deleted as totally unhelpful sorry!

sweepy
    Free Member

I got a jabra cruiser 2, I think it was about forty quid and its ok for phone calls except for the times when it isnt, dont know why.
    The good thing is it can connect with my phone and beam music from that to the stereo.

stevehipwell
    Free Member

I got a Kinivo BTC450 to replace my aux cable and a Jabra visor handsfree kit (I tried a Jabra Cruiser 2 but was massivly unimpressed). It is easily the best £30 I’ve ever spent on my car or audio equipment.

molgrips
    Free Member

I had a clip on visor thing, it was ok but noisy and annoying to have to move when flipping the visor up and down.

I now have a cheap plantronics in-ear thing which is really very good indeed. Not many fancy features but works very well and sound quality is much better than even OEM fitted bluetooth. Not that comfortable in the ear though but I don’t take long calls in the car, in fact I hardly ever take them.

geoffj

Replace head unit with a bluetooth one? or
    Pre-empt the possible banning of hands free kits and not bother.

daveh
    Free Member

If your new car has aux in then the kinivo suggested above is a no brainer imo simply on the basis it never needs to be charged.

eskay

+1 for the jabra cruiser 2. Used to have one in my old car.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New car, no bluetooth, looking for options’ is closed to new replies.