Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • New build – non UK steel content
  • ijs445ra
    Free Member

2010 Evil Sovereign.

Big thanks to Duggie Style for the build.

Felt great on the first ride round Kirro red, unfortunately my fitness aint so good.

Very impressed with 2010 Thors as well.

bobbyspangles

noice

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Garage door needs painted

kiwijohn

Ooh, hello. Rohloff? I've been thinking of going back to an HT lately, something like that.

oxym0r0n

Lovely, simple bomb-proof looking build.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Duggie, if you were not building bikes all the time you would have time to paint it!

Kiwijohn, yes it is a Rohloff HVS dropouts on the EVIL look like they will be a good alternative to an EBB or slot drops. Replaces my current FS and HT think it will do everything i will ever need.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

that looks class!

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Yeah – good looking

– looks like it's going to be a bunch of fun to ride

– is it a rohloff??

Cheers

Vortexracing

Very, very nice

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Looks good!

takisawa2

Nice.
    Very Nice.

And there's nowt wrong with that garage door.
    You should see mine.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I'm not usually moved by pics of new bikes 'in captivity' but that is one cracking build. Nice one.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Thanks for the kind words chaps.

Comes in around the 26lb mark with the Rohloff, could maybe loose another pound with some pimp bits but will leave as is for now.

Welds and paint finish were about the best i have seen on a bike. Included was a choice of head badges, different coloured decals, and an Evil seat clamp….which is nice.

Can't wait to try it on trails that i know.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

lovely build…

26lb though?!
    my rohloffed 853 frame, built quite a bit lighter than the evil, with lighter forks, tyres and finishing came in at 28-29.

prob sounds a bit blunt, sorry…

but really, thats a lovely build right there, looks great. 🙂

RustyNissanPrairie

what size is that? it was a toss up between an XL Sov or a 20" Bluepig, it was only the price that put me off

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Hungry monkey – it was a very unscientific "it feels 4 pounds lighter than a mates 30lb FS". so possibly is carrying another couple of pounds. Frame was weighed and came in at 6lb, forks are under 4lb the rest…..?

RustyNP – That is a large, i am 6ft and it fits me well with shortish stem

chakaping
    Free Member

Sweet ride. Looks like it means business.

Edit to say: Good lord, some of you have high standards. Better make sure I never post a pic of my tatty old garage door on here.

montylikesbeer

it looks sweet, and no front of house jobs either, you must be a happy man

slowrider
    Free Member

wow

wouldnt have gone with the pink sticker set myself but still absolutely ace.

slowrider
    Free Member

sorry back again…

you know a bike is good when you sit on the bog thinking 'what could i sell to get one of them?'

you lucky lucky man

Stevie
    Free Member

I likie. A LOT.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Yep, you have done well. Very simple and uncluttered but purposeful. I like that.

Bernaard
    Free Member

I like, in a Borat styleeee

foureyes
    Free Member

lush. nice to see a large frame which doesn't look gawky. do they do an XL?

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback,

For those interested, link to official info below (yes there is an XL), geo on Silverfish site 2nd link.

http://www.evil-bikes.com/#/undefined/news_event/000000022/Sovereigns

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/products/238-evil_bikes_sovereign.php?r=3m4d0b10s0

Oh and they were in stock at CRC so you can have one by the weekend!

Sven

Veyr nice indeed.
    Do you happen to have a couple of pics of the cable routing on the back of the non-drive side? I like the brake hose and the two Rohloff cables running under the top tube and am curious as to how they end up on the external gear box.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Sven, pic below (hopefully).

Custom engineered monkeybone by Duggie Style made from a modified disc mount adaptor

djglover
    Free Member

Bucking the trend. Its an awful franken bike IHMO

Sven

That is a neat way, even though one bike shop owner once told me that the rather tight bends would make shifting slightly worse, but I am sure it's okay. I used to have a frame with sliding dropouts for Rohloff's OEM1 axle plates which was fine but the cables were running under the chainstays and on my first ride a few years ago, I smashed the gear box on a rock, something that had never happened to me with a mech on the other side that sticks our way further.
    I now built up a Scandal where the Rohloff cables come neatly from the top along the seatstays without any bends, disadvantage is that the disc brake hose runs along the downtube. The torque is dealt with one of the real Monkey bones that I bought when I lived in California. Pictures will hopefully follow next week…
    Cheers, Sven

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

The tight bends are negated by the use of brake noodles. It shifts almost as smoothly as straight cable runs.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Thats yummy. Didn't even notice the Rohloff in the first pic and I find that they stand out like a sore thumb usually with a mess of cables everywhere…

One of the few frames I'd consider changing my Blur 4X for…

slowrider
    Free Member

this bike shouldnt leave the front page just yet…

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Phwoar. That's one of the nicest looking Sovereign builds I've seen – what I'm aiming for with mine when I can scrape a bit more cash together.

You don't fancy flogging me a couple of those left over decals do you?

slowrider
    Free Member

this bike has haunted me since you posted it.

so ive ordered one.

slowrider
    Free Member

turned up this week and after dissing your chice of pink stickers, thats the only colour mine came with. crc are chasing it up for me but for now im eating humble pie…

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘New build – non UK steel content’ is closed to new replies.