Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • New Bike – 29er, titanium, Single Speed, Seven Cycles, Niche content…..
  • solarider
    Free Member

Yep. Ride it, give it a quick wash, everything's all good. A bit extravagant I know, but you are only here once!

convert

Good Lord! £35-40K? That is one serious set of bikes, though I have to admit no matter how much brand loyalty I had, I would have struggled to buy that full suss 🙂

Could you please repost this with some guff about being dissatisfied about the choice of bikes available to you and how you might need to change a few. The rest of us can save the thread in our favourites and conveniently leave it on screen whenever an unnecessary bike purchase (is there such a thing?) is about to happen!

Just for info – do you actually race any of those? Also, apart from the thrill of the purchase, do you honestly think you get more enjoyment from actually riding that lot rather than a smaller/more "budget" quiver? A few years ago I went through a period of excessive purchasing but finally realised the riding was not necessarily better for it.

RichPenny
    Free Member

That is a lovely collection of bikes. Doesn't really matter if they make riding better, as long as they are beautiful. Obviously, the FS fits into a different category! Get Seven to make you a jump bike/bmx and you're sorted…

solarider
    Free Member

Firstly, there is no such thing as an unnecessary bike purchase!

The full susser is indeed an ugly bugger. As I said, only its owner could love it.

The road and cyclocross bikes got raced, but the mountain bikes are 'just for fun'. Now unfortunately my racing days are over, but I get enough pleasure and hours in riding them for enjoyment nowadays.

Long after the 'thrill of the purchase', they all get used, and never fail to raise a smile. Having ridden other bikes, I can honestly say that they do ride better, but that might just as much be down to the fit as they were all custom rather than anything else. Well built titanium does have that shock absorbing, 'magic carpet' ride that people rave about. I am sure I would get just as much enjoyment out of a smaller and cheaper quiver if I hadn't had these, but it would be hard going back now.

I do recognise that I am extremely fortunate to be able to select from a pretty special collection whatever my mood.

solarider
    Free Member

Not sure what happened there. It posted twice. Oops.

NZCol

Wow
    Wow
    Wow
    I am in awe, beautiful bikes. As a Serotta owner (TiMax 29er custom – not for me bit fits perfectly!) i know what you mean about buy once buy proper. I felt a wee bit guilty ordering a new Tallboy (carbon tut tut) but i won;t so much now. Great collection, well done 😀
    And bolax to anyone that complains about cost and stuff – you obviously value them and if you can afford it then why not. Life is too short.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Most people have slightly less expensive bikes as thier Winter road bikes… not just a carbon copy with different tyres and mudguards! Love it 🙂

Where's the BMX?

oddjob
    Free Member

I thought I was a bit silly building my winter bike with the dura ace group off my last race bike, but now I feel like it was a frugal decision.

Beautiful collection of bikes.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

keavo – Member
    like the niner fork, the rest is a load tat;-)

They look better in Kermit Green 😉

091102 New Bike

rootes1

this work like the maverick full sus frames?

Stoner
    Free Member

this work like the maverick full sus frames?

Yes. By making your eyes bleed.

😉

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Where did you buy the Seven frames from in the UK? Or did you have they shipped from the US?

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

That is a stunning collection of bikes.

Please don't be offended by this but, are you single by chance?

I have some nice bikes. But there's no way I could justify to my wife spending shed loads more on the bikes than the house!

Rex
    Free Member

I love sevens. Been my dream bike since 1998, but I've always held off buying one maybe just to keep the dream going!

Justificaton is in the eye of the wallet holder.

Very nice collection. Am particularly jealous of the cx bike :mrgreen:

Kramer
    Free Member

They are all the same frame, just with different bits added, and I claim my £7 please.

Lovely.

nonk
    Free Member

thats bonkers man.
    good work though.

robdob
    Free Member

I do like having all the same brand of bikes. We have 3 Specialized bikes in our house as I like their stuff, in some cases it's the only thing that fits (my wife's xs Vita for example!!). Probably going to be 4 next year to be honest.

Stoner
    Free Member

All of my bikes, bar the Brompton, are On-Ones/PX

Brand loyalty is like a warm blanket even if a bit unadventurous.

69er
    Free Member

Absolutely. I ride a Gary Fisher 😉

tracknicko
    Free Member

on that FS bike… your spine (and consequently a hell of a lot of weight) is pretty much directly over the middle of the back wheel.

i know its ugly as sin etc, but surely sitting that far back must mean it rides like a sack o shite too? i just cant imagine pedalling with my bb 18inches in front of my ass! its like a half recumbent (sp?!)

solarider
    Free Member

Gosh, I thought this thread was dead. SO many questions!

Am I single? – No (and by that I don't mean I have 6 2 wheeled mistresses!).

Where from? – See me earlier response. Some from the UK (Sigma Sport) and some direct from Seven from New Zealand (not that random, I was living there!)

I did consider Kermit green for the forks, but although they look stunning, against a fairly conservative colour scheme elsewhere I had to resist the urge. Lovely colour BTW, but is it me or don't they match the colour of the frame?

The full susser? – Actually the saddle and handlebars are in a normal position relative to everything else, including the position over the rear wheel. The angles of the frame are weird admitedly and the whole frame looks strange, but weight distribution and ride are 1st rate and quite normal. It's a definite Marmite bike for sure!

Thanks for all the positive feedback all.

NZCol

You don't live in wellington do you ?
    I see a guy every day riding a Sola into town and things like that are not very common here. Its a lovely lovely bike, we often raise eyebrows as he sees the Serotta and i clock his Seven.
    Its like themating call of the mtb'er, except we don;t mate or 'owt !

solarider
    Free Member

No. I was in Auckland, but sadly now back in the motherland!

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘New Bike – 29er, titanium, Single Speed, Seven Cycles, Niche content…..’ is closed to new replies.