• This topic has 35 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • New Battlestar Galactica
  • genesis
    Free Member

Hot chicks, robots, big guns and space ships with an ok storyline and acting. What more does a sci-fi geek need?

chewkw
    Free Member

Where?

genesis
    Free Member

New as in the sense not the cheesy Dirk Benedict version. Its on Sky2 at the mo.

chewkw
    Free Member

Damn! I don't have sky anymore … Sh*t! T$t! W*&K! 😡

stumpyjon

Join Love Film, get the series delivered to your door, 4 episodes at a time, no adverts. That's how I watched it.

rOcKeTdOg

i have the complete box set 8)

grunty
    Free Member

i love the cinematics in the space scenes with all the jumpy cameras

druidh
    Free Member

The same technique they used in Firefly..

grunty
    Free Member

Not seen firefly, tried getting off lovevfilm, but it is NEVER available

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Firefly is superb, slightly different twist on sci-fi.

Agree that BSG was brilliant, middle series got a bit odd, but still a great storyline. I'm probably the only one who thinks that President Roslin is hot though…..

mrchrispy

with or without the hair?

Kit
    Free Member

i have the complete box set

What season are they up to? My box set goes to the end of Season 4… or so I thought, until I looked up IMDB and seems that there's another 10 episodes of the season? I thought that was season 5? Read some spoilers too, dammit!

druidh
    Free Member

grunty – Member

Not seen firefly, tried getting off lovevfilm, but it is NEVER available

LOL – tried a Torrent site?

john_drummer
    Free Member

BSG Season 4 got interrupted by the writers' strike; what you need is "The Final Season". And yes, it's very good.

Josh Whedon (the creator) described Firefly as "a Western set in space". Try getting the boxed set from Amazon

genesis
    Free Member

Agree with missingfrontallobe, Roslin is definately hot.

grunty
    Free Member

Onion, that would be stealing and I would go to prison for a thousand million years if Mandy gets his way!:)

<hushedWhisper>Never thought of that</hushedWhisper>

Del

bsg is 100% of ace. probably the best sf series to date.
    the final season is also referred to as series 4.5.

firefly? hmm. it was ok, and might have had some legs i guess. so good it got canned after the first season though?

Jamie
    Free Member

I found BSG, the new one, so damned earnest i had to stop watching it.

Plus the swearing fracking got on my nerves.

DickBarton

I got to the point where Roslin is on the base ship and it jumps…lost track after that and would like to see the rest of the episodes…not sure which one that was though but I think it was after the writer's strike.

Starbuck had returned from her Earth visit so from there would be good…anyone able to help with the series episode numbers please?

Jamie
    Free Member

…anyone able to help with the series episode numbers please?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Battlestar_Galactica_(reimagined_series)_episodes

rOcKeTdOg

i have the firefly boxset too cost £15 8)

BSG is upto 4.5 + mini series and film special

kimbers

firefly such a shame fox canceled it

bsg is one of teh best tv shows ever! not sure about the new caprica series though, i think you can watch the pilot on the scifi website tho not sure if it will work in europe

frakers!

kimbers

so say we all

portlyone

Firefly was another one of those scifi progs that got cancelled before people knew it was there. they made a film because so many people bought the DVD… Serenity. Get that too if buying the boxset, only costs about £5 and is pretty cool.

PS hello to the flans out there 8)

PPS The Maxim shoot was nice too…

druidh
    Free Member

portlyone – Member

PS hello to the flans out there

Shiny!

Jamie
    Free Member

portlyone:

Firefly was another one of those scifi progs that got cancelled before people knew it was there. they made a film because so many people bought the DVD… Serenity. Get that too if buying the boxset, only costs about £5 and is pretty cool.

Never watched Firefly but really enjoyed Serenity.

DickBarton

Looks What is coming for Dinner or something, right got that, off to track down the remaining episodes, thanks folks.

loup
    Free Member

Mmmmm….Apollo

Just got the final series to watch on DVD!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

started very well, lost its way, ended badly.

z1ppy

SO which, bsg?
    I thought it ended very well considering, couldn't go down the same route as the original series could it?

As for Firefly, as long as you did take it too seriously it was good fun, as all Futurama fans know, Fox have a great history in destroying good series…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

the new one.

vinnyeh

I thought it did really well up the end of series 3- the finish to that was always going to be difficult to top, with the revelation of the majority of the cylons, and the return of Starbuck. I really liked the use of 'All along the watchtower', incidentally.
    The Razor back story was a big mistake as well, imo.

After that, a few good episodes, but it was running out of steam.

I thought the Caprica pilot was pretty average- in danger of turning into a scifi 'Dallas'.
    And damn, just looked on Wikipedia, and one of the creators says that's how it was designed. 😥

nickc

+1

Mark

portlyone

Started well, went a bit 'interesting', ended 'differently'…

Kuco

I though it was lack luster and boring in most places. Could of been a good action packed series but just bored me shitless most of the time. A prequel is coming out called Caprica or something.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘New Battlestar Galactica’ is closed to new replies.