Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Netflix or similar that i can download to watch offline?
  • smogmonster

Ive been looking at Netflix and Lovefilm to see if i can download films that i can watch whilst travelling (i spend LOTS of time in planes), but i cant see anything that would allow this – basically rent a film for a week or a month or whatever. Does anyone know of a site that allows this?

murf
    Free Member

Get the dvd from lovefilm, rip to an sd card, watch film!
    Then delete the copy when you post the disc back to lovefilm.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

basically rent a film

i spend LOTS of time in planes

Fly with airlines with in flight entertainment?

bigblackshed

Murf.

That’s making the assumption that Love Film will send you the DVD you asked for. I’ve still got discs on my priority list from 3 months ago when I signed up. Not had a priority disc in 6 weeks / 10 deliveries. I only put a few on the priority list and those were older films. 2-3 years old.

smogmonster

MWS, yeah i already do (i fly Emirates to Brisbane every 4 weeks), however they all insist on dubbing the films with most godawful replacements for swearing..’Die you flipping motherhubbard’ being a recent lowpoint in a film about 2 retired Mafia hitmen. It makes the films nigh on unwatchable, hence wanting to take my own.

MSP

itunes, when you rent a film from them, you have (i think) a couple of weeks to watch a film from when you download it, although once you start watching you have to finish within 48 hours.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the last few I have done allowed me to hit over 18 say what you like in the in flight stuff (along with ordering buckets of G&T) though that was Air NZ. torrents are you solution just keep a netflix/lovefilm sub up to aliviate the guilt

allthegear
    Free Member

iTunes does indeed sound like what you are looking for.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Netflix or similar that i can download to watch offline?’ is closed to new replies.