Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Nespresso – Superb !
  • TooTall
    Free Member

Almost zero maintenance

but a rather large quantity of waste packaging and pod per cup to balance it out.

saleem
    Free Member

I just buy them from their counter rather than having them sent, purple one for me.

Kuco

but a rather large quantity of waste packaging and pod per cup to balance it out.

That is all recallable. Nespresso even offer a free bag and pick up for the used capsules.

convert

If Nescafe gold blend is Bells

Nespresso is maybe J&B

And a nice Hasbean* coffee roasted 24hrs ago and home ground moments before drinking is a Laphroaig or another good single malt.

Sadly once you get used to Laphroaig it’s had to drink a 2nd quality alternative. I prefer a cup of tea to gold blend these days. Close call for Nespresso.

*other online roasters available.

TiRed

patent on the capsules runs out soon

You can already buy compatible capsules in French supermarkets.

I’ve just donated mine to work because 1) I have a gaggia classic and 2) the work coffee is truly dreadful. Colleagues are much happier.

edsbike
    Free Member

Just replaced my Gaggia Classic with a Nespresso. I just don’t have the time in the mornings to wait for the machine to warm up, grind and tamp etc. Even with two years practice, the espressos from the Gaggia were hardly consistent, what with using different beans (and grinds) every time.

It takes up less space, half the time it makes a better espresso than I could get out the Gaggia, and for the half of the time when I could churn out great coffee, well, I can live with that. I can pop down the road to the Italian cafe and have better coffee than I’ve ever had at home.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I just don’t have the time in the mornings to wait for the machine to warm up, grind and tamp etc.

As someone said on another (or maybe this) thread, I can’t believe people don’t have the time. I switch on machine, press button on grinder to grind me two scoops of coffee. By the time I have boiled the kettle and loaded the machine, and pressed the brew button, I think all of five minutes have passed.

And this also:

Thing is, hardly anybody uses the recycling service. One (paper) bag of coffee, and grounds that go to compost. Makes me feel better anyway and that’s what’s important.

damo2576
    Free Member

It takes me about 30s to prepare an espresso from beans

This

MrSmith
    Free Member

Walk past machine on way to bathroom and switch it on,It’s warm enough to use when I want to make coffee.
    no waiting just better time management.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t pass mine on the way to the bathroom MrSmith…I simply don’t have the time for that kind of thing in the morning. 🙂

roady_tony
    Free Member

>>It takes me about 30s to prepare an espresso from beans
    +1

whats wrong with the ‘plug in’ stove top type machines & a flippin 15second grinder. job done. always perfect.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

whats wrong with the ‘plug in’ stove top type machines

I haven’t time for that kind of thing in the morning…and what with getting my Aga hot enough… 🙄

🙂

edsbike
    Free Member

For my morning routine, pressing a button and 25 secs later getting a coffee that is 80% of the quality I was producing from the Gaggia wins. Gaggia routine involves warm up time, grinding, fill, tamp, brew, empty grinds, clean drink.

In total that takes longer than the time I have from getting out of bed to jumping on my bike and out the door. Hence, it only got used on the weekends where I wasn’t busy and out doing stuff. Guests round, put the cafetiere on.

I liked the routine and care I could take to make good coffee on the Gaggia, but not when I just want a quick hit to get me into work.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Don’t understand the time/faff thing. Turn on machine before shower. Then I can make an espresso in the two minutes it takes to heat milk for porridge. Though I am tempted by a small nespresso machine to take when away from home.

davidjones15
    Free Member

You want one of these for your travels mrblobby.

http://www.amazon.com/Bialetti-Easy-6-Cup-Espresso-Maker/dp/B000TDDVL8

edsbike
    Free Member

Depends on your routine I guess. I shower/eat at work. Nespresso fits that, Gaggia didn’t, at least during the week. On weekends I usually find a nice cafe and get someone else to do it 🙂

Jerome
    Free Member

Just sitting down to my nexpresso.
    Lovely..

reggiegasket
    Free Member

so what a good Nespresso machine to buy?

ransos
    Free Member

Don’t understand the time/faff thing. Turn on machine before shower. Then I can make an espresso in the two minutes it takes to heat milk for porridge.

Precisely. I drink cafetiere coffee at work, which to me is preferable to Nestle nastiness.

chojin
    Free Member

Mine has been sitting there unloved and unused since getting a bean to cup machine. Anyone want to buy a nespresso machine with a sh*t load of pods for cheap?
    It was £130 new, and came with £40 worth of pods.
    Yours for the princely sum of £50, if you can collect.

I’d put an advert up in the classifieds, but I’m lazy.

*edit*: advert now in the classifieds, who’da thunk it – not so lazy after all.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Nespresso – Superb !’ is closed to new replies.