Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Nespresso pods
  • wwaswas

“free frother offer”

isn’t that easy to say.

Nevertheless – can you point me at it please?

[edit] found it.

zilog6128

(I’m after the free milk frother thingy)

nicely reminded, thanks!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Get up approximately 30s earlier and make a proper espresso.

DrP

Bean2cup FTW.

The rate I drink coffee, I’d be surprised if a bag of beans lasted more than 4 days….
    Plus…..I live 20 seconds walk from a local Coffee roaster 🙂
    http://www.kendricks.co.uk/

winner = winning!

DrP

zilog6128

How is it not “proper” exactly?

Kryton57

zilog6128 – Member

How is it not “proper” exactly?

Think I’ll get some biscuits to go with my Nespresso based cappacino, while I watch the replies….

Bregante

I’ve had a nespresso for the last 12 months and prior to that I had a Gaggia which was barely used. For all round ease of use and convenience, the nespresso wins hands down and I personally think that the coffee is every bit as good as I got from my Gaggia. It does help of course having a nespresso store 5 minutes from your house. (also means I can have a free coffee every time we’re passing 8) .

IHN

As much as I would love a cafetiere every morning to do it right takes far too long.

Eh? It takes as long as making a cup of tea, which plenty of people manage to find time to do of a morning.

Anyway, as I should offer an obligatory opinion, the coffee from Nespressos is fine, easily as good as your general punter would make from an espresso maker. If I have an objection it’s the wasteful packaging (even recycling it means a lot of making, transporting, cleaning, refilling and re-transporting little plastic pots).

wwaswas

it’s ok they’re metal pots so they don’t get reused by nespresso just melted down like cans 🙂

rockhopperbike

good delivery from our Swiss friends, ordered Monday lunchtime, delivered lunchtime Tues!- just hoping the froffer offer comes good!

grantway
    Free Member

I bought one of these Three years back
    Love it and most of our friends have bought one since trying.
    And just bought a good friend one for Christmas.

Totally quick instant quality coffee Bargain.

John Lewis

I recommend the milk froth’er even for hot chocolate

rockhopperbike

Way hay, the milk froffer frrebie has arrived ! cue much faffing to create various caffiine related concoctions!

tails
    Free Member

Where is the free milk frothier offer, I can’t see it. 😳

grantway
    Free Member

rockhopperbike – Member
    Way hay, the milk froffer frrebie has arrived ! cue much faffing to create various caffiine related concoctions!

Now your in Coffee bliss 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What about those Senseo things which took those round bags which were quite cheap?

grantway
    Free Member

Those Senseo ones use a poor liquid coffee capsule followed by a Condense milk capsule

Had tried both machines side by side and no
    competition the Nespresso wins hands down.

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

I got Nespresso machine for xmas. I love. Already burned though all the freebie capsules though. 🙁

I’ve been doing some research on capsules.

Compatibles: Dualit and CaféPod. Only tried the CaféPod ones so far. They seem a little hit and miss in my Nespresso U. Not tried the Dualit ones but they look promising.

Reusable: CoffeeDuck and NexPod. Not tried either yet but I have the CoffeeDuck ones ordered from Amazon.

Hope that helps someone out. I’m still waiting for Nespressso to sort out my £40 free credit before I buy any real ones. 🙂

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Similar story, got a maestria for Xmas, absolutely love it. Coffee all the time. However still waitingg for the £40 credit to buy the 250 pods so I genuine the storage solution.
    Quality cup of coffee very time, so good that I have stopped using sugar as I used to in my instant.

zilog6128

Got my frother the other day, it is not the current model but great considering it was free! I’ve seen the compatible cartridges in a couple of places locally now. Not really any cheaper than Nespresso but you can buy them in smaller quantities so could be handy on occasion I suppose. Never heard anything good about the refillable ones you can get online though.

brodie
    Free Member

I’ve got a Dolce Gusto, am I evil too? We also have a filter machine for when large volumes of coffee are required.

darrell
    Free Member

been using a stove top billeti (spelling?) for years using Illy coffee.

the Missus bought me a Nespresso for Xmas.

and its great

love it

just ordered 200 vivalto lungo
    200 ristretto

dantsw13

My Nespresso is soooo easy and quick.

I have an Aeroccino, but only use it for occasional cappuccino, as Latte is far easier to zap milk in microwave for 1 min.

The capsule delivery is so easy! iPhone app to order (password remembered – not had to re-login for years!), comes in 48 hrs and if I’m out, they leave it on the doorstep.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Got a Krups Pixie for Xmas. What a great piece of kit.

Blasted through the supplied pods in a few days, so ordered 200 from Nespresso and they arrived next day.

Usual drink so far is:
    1/3 cup of milk in microwave for 40 secs
    Expresso size (45ml) of coffee

Got the aeroccino, like dantsw13 above, but only use for special times…

alpin
    Free Member

you bunch of fannies…..

it’s just coffee. be true to yourself and brew yourself a proper mug of tea. none of this fart arseing about with “pods” and some fancy-dan machine that costs the earth (and creates a load of waste) just so that you can sit at your dinner parties and show how modern and middle class you all are….

tails
    Free Member

WHERE IS THE MILK FROTHER OFFER, I CANT SEE IT?

grantway
    Free Member

Not seen a Frother offer, only we bought it together as a package for a friend.

But there is an £40 quid free offer on the coffee pods when you buy a Nespresso machine
    This offer dies in February

zilog6128

They were getting rid of their old Aeroccino+ stock so the offer only lasted as long as the stock (which has now run out).

tails
    Free Member

Thanks zilog

mrchrispy

I think it was only till the end of dec or till they ran out.

Oggles
    Free Member

How long has it taken for people’s account to be credited with the £40?

If it’s a few weeks I might have to try the CafePods that are sold in Waitrose!

zilog6128

Years possibly. 😆 Therefore you will need to try the CafePods and then report back.

zilog6128

mrchrispy

the 40 quid was maybe a month, cant quite remember as ut was a couple of years ago.
    Just order some via the webby, they are not more expensive and you use them anyway.

shism14
    Free Member

We have a Sanremo Milano machine, great bit of kit and looks good too!

grantway
    Free Member

Shism14 I think you Over Machined there
    Do you own a Cafe

shism14
    Free Member

yeah I have a Restaurant in Cornwall 😉

grantway
    Free Member

Shism Nice one tell us all where you are

shism14
    Free Member

It’s in Newquay called Ohana, we’re shut for the winter right now but you can find us on trip advisor and twitter etc open again at Easter time.

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

How long has it taken for people’s account to be credited with the £40?

If it’s a few weeks I might have to try the CafePods that are sold in Waitrose!

I claimed mine on Boxing day. £40 credit in my account on the 1st. No email to tell me just noticed when I logged in.

IMHO the CaféPods aren’t quite ready for primetime. Apparently they are working on a revised capsule which should help.

t_i_m
    Free Member

IMHO the CaféPods aren’t quite ready for primetime.

+1 I’ve tried two of the CafePod offerings. I will not be buying any more.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Nespresso pods’ is closed to new replies.