Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • nasty looking cut in my tyre…
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

if I deflate it a bit and lob some vulcanizing solution in it will it be ok? It's a 60a highroller.was out just riding on the road and noticed it when I sat at a bench, must've hit a rock on my last ride. I'm biking tomorrow and got no other tyres that aren't knckered. it's about an inch and a bit long and you can see a bit of canvas. What if I just fill it with araldite? 😯

handyman153
    Free Member

I cant imagine it is the best thing to do.

But i must admit that i have done it myself. On some old Tubular cyclo-cross tyres, because they are such a pain to take off and re-glue i just shoved in some tubular cement into the whole, and let it set.

It seemed to work ok, and haven't had any problems with it, so i think its worth ago if you dont have any other options.

Cheers
    Josh…

steve_b77
    Free Member

I fixed a slice in one of my nobby nics by stitching it up using dental floss and then putting a big patch on the inside and a little one just covering the stitching on the outside.

james
    Free Member

So its a 1.5" split, but you can still see canvas? So not gone all the way through. I'd be tempted to get a really big inner tube patch, perhaps one for cars/tractors/etc and use vulcanising solution to stick it together. Perhaps stitch it through with some thick thread as well if you're feeling paranoid.
    I've stuck a big patch on (the inside* of) a 2.25" folding advantage, there was still some threads holding it all together, rather than a gaping hole for the tube to burst out of. I've only ridden it on one ride since I did it though. Time will tell how well it holds ..

*your post reads a bit as if you're considering sticking a patch on the outside of the tyre

Kevevs
    Free Member

a patch on the outside? what?!

patched up now with old tube glued inside, and glued the cut. Going for a local ride tomorrow, see how it goes. Might be new tyre time, can't be doing with it going bang in the middle of nowhere.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘nasty looking cut in my tyre…’ is closed to new replies.