Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Narrow HT2 spacers
  • st

Has anyone had any success finding bottom bracket spacers for HT2 less than 2.5mm wide? I'm trying to tweak the chainline and get a better fit for an MRP 1x chainguide on my new 456.

I guess these would do (if they had them in stock)??

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=34981

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Rub one down on some sandpaper?

Might want to watch your fingers though!

z1ppy

Ohhh good call (the OP not the sanding suggestion), having issue with a new middleburn outer ring & an E-type mech, which this maybe the solution too.

poppa
    Free Member

My HT2 came with a 2.5 , and two thinner ones which added together make 2.5 IIRC

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

dont sand them, the cups relly on them being straight

z1ppy

Did you use them? As the 4 sets I've had only came with the 2.5 versions

st

Problem is I only have 1 proper HT spacer. After taking the chainset off a frame with a 73mm shell to a 68mm I've lost the other 2 original spacers. I've fudged a cassette spacer for the non drive side so far and would rather buy a couple of 1.5mm spacers than spend an evening sanding something that I don't have down.

Do new BBs come with spacers? One of the bearings is pretty rough so it may be worthwhile sorting a new one.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

The newer BB's come with two smaller spacers that make up 2.5mm, but it's not a half & half split & one 2.5mm spacer, but can't remember what sizes at the moment.

poppa
    Free Member

Have a look at this:

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/SI/SI-1L60A-001/SI-1L60A-003-ENG_v1_m56577569830674840.pdf

In the bottom right hand corner, underneath where it says 'When using a band-type front derailleur' the illustration shows a 0.7mm spacer and a 1.8mm spacer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Narrow HT2 spacers’ is closed to new replies.