Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Commencal Meta bearing sizes.
  • wishiwascalledsteve

Can anybody help me and tell me what size bearing the Commencal Meta frames take (specifically the Meta 4X).
    Cheers.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hello. I can sell you a set and some tools to install them. I can also help you out with the job if you want. KaeSae.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

whats the tools you have to install them?

kaesae
    Free Member

Very simple sleave tools that work with a vice. However I'll be showing you the technique for changing bearings using them. How you doing Leeroybrown and what kind of bike are you working on. KaeSae.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

ive got a meta 5.5 2008
    have you got any photos of the tools?

imp999
    Free Member

Fill them bearings with waterproof grease, Don't assume the manufacturer has!
    My OEM bearings were bone dry but I was in time to save them – except for the big set which now needs changing.
    Trying to drum up some enthusiasm to mke a start so keep us informed.

kaesae
    Free Member

IMP999 correcto mundo. Using grease will increase the life span of your bearings be careful not to damage the rubber seals though. rubber shields are better for keeping out water and silt from the water. Steel shields keep out dirt better or so I'm told. Choosing the right grease to lube the bearings is vital too thick and any dirt that gets in will becomne cutting paste.
    Imp999 the commy is a bit tricky to change the bearings on the main pivot if your doing it give me a shout first and I'll talk you through what to avoid.
    Leeroy I have some photo's but I'm not sure how to upload them any suggestions I'm new to the site and could do with a hand. Kaesae.

kaesae
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130338264902&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

This kit will last a good long while however if you want to get years of use without much maintenance your better of running Performance bearings SKF Fag INA Enduro Max. If the cheaper bearing last 12 to 18 months the better bearings will last 3 to 4 years. you'll have to service your rig less and stripping a rig down doing the bearings then building it back up and tuning everything will take 3 to 5 hours. Especially if it's a full strip down check and rebuild. Better to spend an extra £20 to £30 and get a good bearing kit. They perform better and last longer.

Who wants to change some bearings then ? I’ve done the commencal meta frames 20 maybe 30 times I’m pretty sure I can talk you guys through it. Offers open KaeSae.

uplink
    Free Member

This is like a double act infomercial 😀

retro83
    Free Member

Leeroy I have some photo's but I'm not sure how to upload them any suggestions I'm new to the site and could do with a hand. Kaesae.

This needs to become a sticky…

Go to tinypic.com or imgur.com.

CLick browse and find your pic, press Upload. When it's done, copy for the forum link (something like [ img ] blah blah / blah [ / img ] )and paste it in here.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Loads of info on this at http://www.commencalownersclub.com

retro83
    Free Member

Loads of info on this at http://www.commencalownersclub.com

Haven't seen any info on tools though, and I know that getting the main pivot bearings out & repressing can be a complete pain in the arris.
    One chap on there bent his swingarm trying to get them back in.

Commencal should have put pinch bolts around the bearing as used on the Orange Five.

Mister-P
    Free Member

To answer the original question the main pivot of a Meta uses 6805 bearings.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hello. Yes I'm selling the bearings giving them away and paying the bills doesn't work. I'm also selling the tools but at £1.50 each they won't break the bank and will save time and effort. I'm also going to teach anyone who wants to learn how to do it without damaging the frame. I would think the info is the most valuable of all I'm offering and no service technician who earns a living servicing frames in there right mind would give it away.

Does anyone want to learn how to do it or should I go off and do something else.

kaesae
    Free Member

Retro83 the pinch bolts are a good point the older commies had them up until about 07 08 then they changed the housing design. Thank you for the photo info. What kind of bike do you ride ?.

kaesae
    Free Member

3myx1.jpg" border="0" alt="Image and video hosting by TinyPic">

kaesae
    Free Member

kaesae
    Free Member

Retro83 if you need any advice on servicing your rig cheaply and efficiently you have but to ask THANK YOU!.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

kaesae do you want to sell a set of those tools ?
    if so how much?
    cheers

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey leeroy. Yes I'm trying to start up an MTBridersclub for people who want to service there own rigs. What kind of bikes do you want to service and do you have a vice. Those prototype tools cost a bit more to make I'm having them produced in larger numbers so the price will come down just now it's £1.50 per tool and there's 3 sizes which will do from 688 bearings 16mm diameter upto 6001 or 6903 bearings everything from azonic to yeti. These tools are made of softer alloy than frames so they will burn out after a while. The point is that they will bend before the frame does. Leeroy what kind of frame do you want to service Some of the frames need modified versions of the tools but I've serviced over 850 frames so I'm well versed in using these tools and quite a few others.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

ive got a meta 5.5 2008 and i do have a vice
    thanks

kaesae
    Free Member

Leeroy You mentioned that earlier' I'm just really tired. I can make you up some tools for your frame and talk you through the job. I take it your frame is the newer version of this frame.

kaesae
    Free Member

imp999
    Free Member

Kaesae,
    Interested in the bearing kit amd maybe the tools For my '07 Meta 5.5 main bearing change – this will probably get me of my arse to do the job.

Please email me with some prices and tips if you can.

Email in profile.

Cheers.

kaesae
    Free Member

Imp999 I'll talk you through the job. It's not that hard one thing to watch out for is that the 25mm through axle on the commies main pivot is bonded in with a sealing compound. You can knock it out by hammering or press it out in a vice but don't use anything too thin get an insert that's as close to the internal diameter of the axle as possible to avoid this and make sure if you can it's solid' Had a guy who punched right through one with a centre punch and had to buy a new axle £30 or summit like that. old wooden curtain pole or a piece of alloy or soft steel rod. I have quite a few bearings. Budget or SKF / INA and Enduro for the main pivot. INA Enduro will last 2 or 3 times as long as budget so less servicing. Gotta go spent all day sourcing bolts bushes and bearings.

kaesae
    Free Member

Retro83 can you tell me how to start a thread. An injured back means I can't sit for too long.

retro83
    Free Member

at the top of the list of topics click ADD NEW

TOPIC — ADD NEW »

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Commencal Meta bearing sizes.’ is closed to new replies.