Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nags Head Edale, is it really that bad?
  • drinkmoreport
    Free Member

read some pretty bad reviews so was wondering if thers any other nice places to spend the evening in the area? we're staying in Hope, but don't mind a wee drive.

Cheers

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Years ago it was great. What happened?

crazy-legs

Nags Head and Ramblers in Edale both get dreadful reviews (they're owned by the same people).
    I'd recommend The Cheshire Cheese in Hope (there's 2, it's the one out on it's own round the corner from the Woodbine, not the one on the High Street).

Nick

Nags was always much better than the Ramblers, they even lent a friend of mine a sleeping bag when his got wet although that could have just been a nice member of staff.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

And The George in Castleton gets a :thumbs: for a local B&B. Nice rooms, great pub, **** top brekkies!

On a budget Pindale Farm Bunkhouse is also fab value – and you can pay to have a proper cooked breakfast if you want.

There's loads to choose from in the Peaks – try Tripadvisor?

cb

In my opinion – yes it is that bad!

gazman
    Free Member

if you are staying there for a couple of days go into bradwell and try the fish and chips the fish were massive last time i went mmmmmmmmmm

nickhart
    Free Member

the cheshire cheese on the edale road out of hope used to be a nice pub. there's meant to be a really nice eatery on the green in bradwell. also if you can get int he walnut club in hathersage is meant to be very good for food and a bit of jazz on the right nights! if that's your thing!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nags Head Edale, is it really that bad?’ is closed to new replies.