Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • My sister-in-law makes my blood boil…
  • stevied
    Free Member

Its silly to measure your happiness and success on car you drive

We don’t.

You had suggested SIL to get PCP to get same fiesta? Why? Knowing she sponges about, she hardly needs any car.

Seems both families trying to better out each other.

She sponges because her POS cars always need repairs. By suggesting a reliable, cheap car (She pays £160/month insurance somehow) we thought it would save her some money and give her a reliable car.

The other comment seems be a troll if you ask me…

Coyote
    Free Member

Just ignore her. My S-I-L boils my piss too. So I avoid her as much as possible. Difficult I know.

This works for me.

binners

Do you want me to send Hora over with the Rohypnol?

patriotpro
    Free Member

After some of the scags she’s been with I wouldn’t go near her with ‘watsontony’s

Funniest thing ave heard today 😆

pebblebeach
    Free Member

If your good lady is happy and you are happy what difference does it make

I don’t think she is, mainly because she couldn’t afford an Audi a1 but the sister could.

I feel for you, life can be really tough sometimes.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Another thing to think about is the word afford. It used to mean I have sufficent spare cash to make a purchase now it means I have enough cash to service a debt, that shift in perception is the best selling job the banks ever pulled.

stevied
    Free Member

I don’t think she is, mainly because she couldn’t afford an Audi a1 but the sister could.

Crazy thing is that my OH could afford the A1 but chose to be sensible. SIL, on the other hand, can’t afford it yet still manages to get credit.
    I’m sure it will come back to bite her on the arse but whatever shit she falls into she somehow manages to come out smelling of roses (due to sympathetic grand parents and the ‘I need money to buy the kids clothes and food’ phrase)

popstar
    Free Member

Stevie do you really want to low yourself to that level and compete against SIL? My wife’s brother is kind of mirror story to yours. He was very grande at time … but we never even tried to compete against in order to be appreciated by family circles.
    Now they’re in financial ruins but honestly I dont find that pleasant at all. Never mind being better. Once they’re low they will turn on you.
    You will never win family ranks game. And if you do, don’t boast about it. Just wish them well, why make enemies in your family?

gonzy
    Free Member

OP – just ignore them and get on with your life…so long as you and the missus are happy then that’s all that matters…
    somehow i manage to get on with with my wife’s sisters as they are pretty nice…only one gets on my nerves (didnt work and husband did minimal hours and they were milking the system…seemed to have a more disposable income than me and my wife…but now she has a job and he is working full time…so i cant complain now)…
    but on my side of the family out of my 4 brothers, it seems 3 of them have married witches…one is a meddling cow, one is a nutjob and the other is a devious, manipulative stirrer…between the 3 of them they have have destroyed my family with their constant fighting…to the point that i’ve washed my hands off them and their husbands….the other brothers wife seems nice enough and hasnt got involved in any of the family issues…but thats cos she lives in singapore…
    you can choose your friends but cant choose your family…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’d quite happily Toe-Punt my SIL in the Foo-foo.

She even snubbed me at our wedding.

Meh. 😈

RobHilton
    Free Member
    boxfish
    Free Member

My sister-in-law is considerably-richer-than-yow. Lives in a seven figure property, drives a Range Rover Sport, wears the labels, covered in bling.

Her sister is much better looking though 👿

singletrackmind

It wont be properly insured either will it? A new car for a newish driver , has to be alot of cash.
    you can have the last laugh when she stuffs it into the back of someone and writes it off.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

WOW. My Sis in Law is ace, highly educated, funny and sensitive. I’ve said before that I class her as ideal GF material for a lucky bloke git, not that I’d be jealous. Oh no. Bastard. Did I mention she’s got great t!ts too? *sob*

FTFY Hora. 😉

Moses

This thread is useless without pics of Hora’s S-I-L.
    Now!

dmorts

So you can get credit for a car based on income from benefits now? Or they lied as to source of income…

Kryton57

hora – Member
    WOW. My Sis in Law is ace, highly educated, funny and sensitive. I’ve said before that I class her as ideal GF material for a lucky bloke.

Have you shagged her yet? Either way we need pictures.

johndoh
    Free Member

Get on with your life, ignore theirs.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I’d just go down the route of feeling sorry for her to be honest. If the only guys she can attract are druggies and psychos, she can’t support herself financially and has to sponge off others, it’s a sorry state of affairs indeed.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

How di she know you wanted an A1 – how did she know about the credit deall? You need to kee things a bit more low key and stop facilitating. I’d start by breaking the landline phone.

plyphon
    Free Member

Still curious as to how people with seemingly no money afford cars. I am in the market for a new car.

yunki
    Free Member

littlemisspanda – Member
    I’d just go down the route of feeling sorry for her to be honest. If the only guys she can attract are druggies and psychos, she can’t support herself financially and has to sponge off others, it’s a sorry state of affairs indeed.

nail on head

but also, how can you waste energy hating someone else for the way they live their life..!!?
    why bring that negativity into your own..?
    what’s missing from your life that drives you to dwell on hers..?

I think I feel a bit sorry for you too 🙁

wrecker
    Free Member

My BiL plays these games. He was a mate before we married sisters so it’s a bit weird really. Likes to tell me how much he earns and how he wants to buy another property to rent out, then pleads poverty when I ask if he wants to do something. I got a quite nice new company car recently, whilst the rest of the family had a look he wouldn’t come near it or comment on it (not that I’m bothered, just found it odd as he likes cars). He does hang around with the SiLs rich uni friends who are loaded and I think it makes him feel inadequate/like he has to compete.

freeagent
    Free Member

My SIL is also a complete nightmare..

She’s currently living in a shed/outbuilding in my in-laws garden with her 3 kids and illegal immigrant Nigerian boyfriend…
    She’s currently being investigated for Child tax credit fraud by HMRC so I’m hoping she’ll go to jail soon, and the illegal alien will be packed off back to Lagos.

stevied
    Free Member

she can’t support herself financially

because she doesn’t want to and the system supports her if she only does 15 hrs a week + she gets ‘bailed out’ by parents/grandparents

but also, how can you waste energy hating someone else for the way they live their life..!!?
    why bring that negativity into your own..?
    what’s missing from your life that drives you to dwell on hers..?

I think I feel a bit sorry for you too
    I don’t waste energy hating her, just needed to get it off my chest. I’m much happier today and have moved on. I was just properly angered yesterday.
    Nothing missing Yunki, all is good and I don’t dwell on her. She can just get on with it AFAIC.

timc
    Free Member

Why didnt you get an Audi A1 out of interest?

Why care what the loser does? ignore her…

stevied
    Free Member

Why didnt you get an Audi A1 out of interest?

Practical/sensible option….

dmorts

Audi would hold its value better though

plyphon
    Free Member

Say yes to life,

Get the Audi.

trambler

Audi will be a motability thingy supplied to to her boyfriend so he can get around to do his dealing. This government is putting its weight behind small business. Who gives a toss, she’ll nosedive in to her next crisis soon and the Audi will be a stinking tip in a matter of weeks. I’ve got interesting outlaws too?

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘My sister-in-law makes my blood boil…’ is closed to new replies.