Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • My New Bike…No MTB Content :-)
  • qcamel
    Free Member

Roll on some dry weather and March first…….

racing_ralph
    Free Member

skillz

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh so close 😉

Edit: Nice bike and ninja edit.

fontmoss
    Free Member

qcamel
    Free Member

Your fast, got it though
    🙂

Rochey
    Free Member

Very Very nice, what CC.

qcamel
    Free Member

1000 and 190ish hp….

Rochey
    Free Member

Ooo me like, me want one.

Well done thought fella, but remember what your mother would say "Be careful son"!!! 😆

rOcKeTdOg

ooh i saw one of them parked outside my local BMW nike showroom, very nice

daveh
    Free Member

Tried a Fireblade earlier in the month, my first time on a 1000cc sports bike. It moved the boundaries of my world. The BMW is something else though, one day, maybe, just maybe….. Until then I'll keep adding the years no claims up (hopefully!).

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Very nice indeed. I've sat on a few and could be tempted if I had the cash (which I don't..)

Here's hoping we have a long hot summer…..

qcamel
    Free Member

Ordered this at the end of the summer last year, been excited all winter and now it's sitting there begging for a run out and it's just so grim… Just some dry salt free days is all I ask…
    It's registered on a 10 plate so assuming it's dry Monday I am commuting on it…..fingers currently crossed…

singlecrack
    Free Member

NICE ….
    after looking at all the new bikes at the bike show last year that was the only bike I would replace my mille with .

Northwind

Very nice those. I like the mental squint they have, it shouldn't work but it does. Wouldn't mind a crack on one…

gixer.john
    Free Member

Lucky you – have only read reports on them and everyone has been exceptional. Probably the only Beemer i like the look of apart from the HP2.

Enjoy, and here's hoping for a long dry, sunny spring and summer – apart from the 2 weeks when i'm in the Pyrenees on my Fazer 😈

Big-M
    Free Member

Bet you'll be able to do massive 3rd gear stand up's. Nice!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Can I have your bike when you kill yourself please?
    Honestly, what a beauty!

Curly68
    Free Member

Don't ride it like Xaus though. Went for the sky yesterday at Philip Island!

singlecrack
    Free Member

*Don't ride it like Xaus though. Went for the sky yesterday at Philip Island!*

business as usual 😆

genesis
    Free Member

Sniff the seat…. is it the same one Fergie from Black Eyed Peas rides in their new vid? 😉

Travis

finally, A rear wheel drive BMW I like 😀

TheDBF
    Free Member

Are you racing it ?

If not, it's self indulgence IMO, and that comes from someone who has had 3 R1, gixxer thou k6, millie R etc

These bikes are now totally impracticable on the road, all you do is spend your time feeling choked back all the time.

mboy
    Free Member

Not been paying much attention to what's going on in the motorbike world for the last couple of years (barring watching MotoGP), but was wondering if BMW would make a fair stab at a proper sports bike at some point given all the leaked CAD drawings a few years ago in MCN…

OMG, a claimed 193bhp from a thou, at 13krpm, from a massively oversquare engine (way more so than the Jap 4's iirc), fair play that's some performance on tap! And I thought my 748SP was quick with a mere 105bhp… Just a shame that apart from the squinty headlights (what's going on there, could the design team not decide on a shape, so stuck one round and one angled headlight on!), from EVERY other angle it looks just like part of any humdrum jap thou… Literally, the side profile is all but identical to a 2006 Fireblade, the nose (if you ignore the headlights) looks just like a 2006 ZX10, the exhaust looks like it got pinched off a GSXR1000/750/600, and the seat unit has been pinched straight off a 2009 Yamaha R1… Such a shame as usually BMW's are so innovative in the looks departent, without the BMW badge on display I'd have assumed it was anything from any of the big Japanese 4… Hey ho! Bet it rides nice and goes like stink though…

M6TTF
    Free Member

Looks awesome – I'd love a razz. My zx6r barely gets used anymore though, it's either mtb or bike on a Sunday morning, and mtb normally wins these days

Northwind

The DBF wrote, "These bikes are now totally impracticable on the road, all you do is spend your time feeling choked back all the time."

Nah, don't agree with that at all, it depends how you want to ride it. Even on a 600 you can't use all the power all the time, but a modern thou is lovely to ride at lower speed, IMO. I'd sooner have an R1 than an R6, I wouldn't be particularily fast on either.

zaskar
    Free Member

Looks very sporty but a BMW??? some might say…

Well it is a brilliant on every review!

TheDBF
    Free Member

The DBF wrote, "These bikes are now totally impracticable on the road, all you do is spend your time feeling choked back all the time."

Nah, don't agree with that at all, it depends how you want to ride it. Even on a 600 you can't use all the power all the time, but a modern thou is lovely to ride at lower speed, IMO. I'd sooner have an R1 than an R6, I wouldn't be particularily fast on either.

It must be in the rider then, cause all I ever wanted to do was thrash the tits of them 😉

Northwind

I figured out at my first trackday that I'm faster on my lil' SV than most people are on 600s and thous because they're all scared to thrash them 😉 I think I'm safer on a litre bike because they command a bit more respect, with only 80bhp I like to open it up, with 160 I know not to!

Ti29er
    Free Member

The worse group to be in at the front-ish in the Inters.
    Guys with litre bikes with no balls and no knowledge.
    A less powerful bike on a twisty circuit such as Cadwell will see you undertaking into corners, out braking and having an absolute blast.
    Those BMW's are quite heavy from memory aren't they? Not familiar with the RR.

I'm faster on an R6 than an R1 as the R1 has the ability to really bite whereas the R6 you can spin the rear wheel out of corners with relative ease. Do that and get it wrong on an R1 and you're High-side City.

Still bemoan selling my yellow 748 with 75bhp (dyned her twice).

Northwind

"The worse group to be in at the front-ish in the Inters."

Yup. At knockhill fast group is always empty so I ended up in there, looking nervous surrounded by race bikes on slicks :mrgreen: Wee bit outclassed but at least you're not surrounded by total knobbers.

(The older I get the faster I was 😉 )

TheDBF
    Free Member

Do that and get it wrong on an R1 and you're High-side City.

Oh yes, I still remember it like it was yesterday 😳

daveh
    Free Member

So, how did it go?

clunker

weathers been good for it!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘My New Bike…No MTB Content :-)’ is closed to new replies.