Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • My new bike – shakedown ride
  • velocipede
    Free Member

New ride on its first outing:

Untitled by velocipede65, on Flickr

It’s a Medium 2010 Whyte E-120S in standard spec (actually Revelation SL’s not the Reba’s they list – apparently they all actually come with the Revs).

Only minor spec changes are:

E13 G ring single ring set up (1 x 9)
    E13 XCX chainguide
    Race Face Atlas bars

After a bit of tweaking on the first two rides (which included the black run at Llandegla), it’s now running sweet – needed more air in the shock than I’ve run on other bikes to get it feeling right.

I’m really, really pleased with it, especially given the bargain price (£1399 at Winstanleys in Wigan, amazing!)

matt23
    Free Member

Nice bike fella enjoy it!

tommo146
    Free Member

Nice bike! I had the same concern with my 146, I have what seems like way too much pressure in the rear but if you go by the usual rules it was too spongy, must be a whyte thing, happy riding, oh and that’s a brilliant price too! Enjoy

Trekster

Do your heels clip the chain stays? Quite like the Whyte but was concerned about heel rub on chain stay, I seem to scuff chain stays quite a bit on any bike

velocipede
    Free Member

Yes, I was warned about chainstay rub so I’ve covered both with the free stickers that came with a recent copy of Dirt mag!!

I’ll get some heli tape in so that I can do a proper job at some point.

Funnily enough, it only seems to be the non-drive side stay that my heel rubs – I must ride with that foot slightly “toe-out”!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My new bike – shakedown ride’ is closed to new replies.