Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • my new bike :-D
  • racefaceec90

i cannot say how happy i am to finally get one of these 😀 oh yes it will look like this once the shop has built it up 😉 (am going to pick her up tomorrow) ooh i’m jumping up and down with the excitement of it all (isn’t that often that i can get a new bike 😀 p.s will upload pics of the steed/first ride report tomorrow 😀

resisted
    Free Member

love the colour, but the tyres do it no favours.

I’m sure you wont be disappointed with the ride though!

gwj72
    Free Member

Nice one. Love my duster. All the bike I need.

racefaceec90

thanks everyone 😀 unfortunately my internet credit is very low (will save enough to post the pics tomorrow) but have to go offline,so apologies if no reply.

racefaceec90

well have just got back from my first ride on the new steed 😀 i should have said in my original post that i p’x/ed my 10 anthem x2 bike for the new one (i know that people will say that i am crazy for doing so,but the fact was that i just wanted to go back to a more simpler bike tbh.also the servicing costs for the charge will be significantly less than the anthem costs (was looking at £250 for a full service for the x2 😯 .well am i regretting my decision.the simple answer is NO! as soon as i saw the finished bike in the shop,i was blown away.it looked stunning with it’s skinny prestige steel tubes/in retro fluro green awesome 😀 and it just got better from there 😀 i basically rode from the cycle shop in melksham to spye park,then to calne,and cherhill monument (where i took some of the pics).the bike felt fantastic to ride (had a much less stretched out riding position compared to anthem for one thing).also the new (to me 2 x 10 gearing) felt great once i got my head around it. everything on the bike feels and looks quality in my eyes (am loving the freehub sounding like really annoyed rattlesnakes when coasting/also in ano green) the tyres are another thing that i love as well 26 x 1.8 charge splashbacks.feel really grippy/roll fast.just everything feels great about the bike to me (not that i’m biased 😉 the only thing is that i will have to relearn how to ride a ht,as obviously the ride offroad is a lot harsher than the x2 (but am not complaning/that is obviously to be expected after switching from a plush full sus bike) it still feels compliant in the rough.anyhoo i’ve droned on for far too long.here are some pics (unfortunately my internet credit is nearly used up (so only a few pics) i did take a few more 😉 and did a short video as well (will upload a week saturday,when credit gets renewed) sorry for the droning on but you might be able to tell that i am quite happy with the new bike 😀

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Ah the smell of a new bike 😀

matt_outandabout

Flouro schwiiing 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Local Motion gloves FTW!

Retrotastic!

rickon
    Free Member

£250 for a service?! You mean the shock and forks?

You know what they say… should have gone LoCo. Would have been around £180 for both 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Like.

takisawa2

This journey will end on clown wheels & rigid forks.
    I can see it now.
    😉

Gary_C

Just read your write up, & you win the prize for the longest one sentence paragraph ever!! 😯

Looks like new bike syndrome is better than illegal substances!!

Joking aside, enjoy your new bike.

ourmaninthenorth

Wonderful…! Enjoy..! 😀

Though completely confused by “unfortunately my internet credit is nearly used up”

LoCo
    Free Member

Cherhill white horse! That’s where I start mounatin biking back in the early 90’s!
    Fixing the Obelisk again I see 😀

jackthedog
    Free Member

Nice! Never before have bike and gloves matched so perfectly.

You sir have style.

racefaceec90

well finally got my credit for this month (my internet credit is renewed on the 9th of the month/15gb per month)thanks for all the kind comments 😀 have just spent the last 12 + hours downloading some videos (3 in total) of my new steed.as promised will put link to first one here (for anyone who was interested) [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BopOcqdgpGk&feature=channel_video_title[/video] i really love my new bike 😀 p.s jackthedog have never been told that i have style before 😳 😀 (you didn’t see the rest of my clothes 😉

NormalMan

Congratulations on the new bike. Glad you are enjoying it. I recently returned to a steel ht after years on Alu ones myself. It’s great being back.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

What a pile of rubbish

the weather has been.

Nice bike and liked your videos on yt. 😈

Enjoy!

I feel like a steel frame one day.

donsimon
    Free Member

Nice one, keep on enjoying.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

aww you sound so happy 🙂 good on you mate, getting a new bike and having a lovely day riding with it just feels so great, hope you enjoy it more and more so get on ya bike and stop filming 😛 have fun!

coogan
    Free Member

Steed? It’s a green bike.

pedalhead
    Free Member

good on ya, infectious enthusiasm there :-). I bet that bike is fun down the descent from Cherill to the road (on the White horse side). Enjoy!

rp16v
    Free Member

i have to say i indeed like,lovley looking bike glad your enjoying it.

mintimperial

Oh wow, I used to have those gloves in 1992 (or some similarly mediaeval year). I’d completely forgotten about them.

Nice bike!

marvincooper

Nice bike that. My neck of the woods too, will say hallo if I see ya coming. I’ll be on an old white hardrock, daydreaming about a nice shiny singular swift….

rOcKeTdOg

seatpost and stem colour match fail

otherwise its good

racefaceec90

thanks everybody 😀 marvincooper if you haven’t already you should visit http://forum.settingascene.com/index.php as they are based around wiltshire (have been on a few rides with some of the guys from forum (also did a team 12 hour erlestoke challenge about a month ago/was crap,unfit though 😳 maybe meet up for a ride sometime (i use the same user name on all the forums).see you on the trail 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘my new bike :-D’ is closed to new replies.