Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • My new bike.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Got it through the in-house ride to work scheme.

Very pleased with it.

Photo taken by the canal at work, so please address comments about the weeds to British Waterways.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

nice, i like it. what size is that?

Harry_the_Spider

56 cm. I’m 5’11 7/8″

Paul’s Cycles are knocking out 2010 models for £525.

Link

RealMan
    Free Member

Like the colour scheme.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Looks grand, its red and I think you’ve got the stem the right way up, so a thumbs up for that.

However, a thumbs down for having far to many gears.

Harry_the_Spider

I wouldn’t have chosen a triple if I’d spec’ed it myself. But I didn’t, so I’ve got what it came with.

jester
    Free Member

Very nice, certainly is bright.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Photo courtesy of my iPhone 😉

Also please note that HtS got the same bike as me on the R2W scheme. Bloody copycat….

carbon337
    Free Member

Whats the in house ride 2 work. My employer doesnt do anything (except offer a 10% Raleigh/cyclelife discount) and im trying to come up with some ideas how they can offer something to the employees.

Harry_the_Spider

Set it up yourself.

extract from old thread on how to do it –

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    1) Read this for the rules http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/sustainable/cycling/cycletoworkguidance/

and this to calculate the costs http://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/calculator

2) Get your accounts, wages and purchasing departments on side. Are you VAT registered?

3) Sort out your own paperwork.

You will need

a) A set of rules.
    b) A purchasing specification so that you as scheme administrator (congratulations) can sign off and your purchasing people can order against.
    c) Salary sacrifice / hire agreement form.

All of this can be stolen off the internet.

4) Consumer credit license – Downloaded it for free.

5) Speak to your LBS about a deal. If you are using your own scheme rather than a 3rd party one (which will charge them) there will be a saving which they could pass on to you.

Once you get your head round the paperwork it is easy.

Your guys basically go out and pick what they want. Your company buys it and hires it back to them. At the end of the hire period the bike will have a value of either 18% or 25% of what you paid for it. Should the company wish to sell it (thay have to say this to differentiate between a hire agreement and a hire purchase agreement, but why wouldn’t they?) this is what you have to pay.

Doddle.

full thread –

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cyclescheme-queries

carbon337
    Free Member

Unfortunately they are a massive company who claim C2W is too expensive to implement and they already offer excellent incentives – see the cyclelife discount above – cough cough.

Also our payroll is all outsourced to Accenture.

I was thinking the company could setup something with Evans for expample like 20% discount over £500 and you get a 12month loan – akin to the season ticket travel purchase scheme taken from salary.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘My new bike.’ is closed to new replies.