• This topic has 104 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by taka.
Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • My mid-life crisis…
  • MrFC
    Free Member

Fair comment on the state of the brickwork and tarmac mboy but these are the choices we make…custom built bikes, kids bikes, road bikes, full suss bikes or DIY house maintenance? Guess which we went for? 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Fair comment on the state of the brickwork and tarmac mboy but these are the choices we make…custom built bikes, kids bikes, road bikes, full suss bikes or DIY house maintenance? Guess which we went for?

Hehe. Don’t worry, I was just being silly like I said, getting the criticisms in to be sarcastic before anyone else did.

Christ, my place is a mess! Bikes matter, DIY doesn’t!

MrFC
    Free Member

Can’t wait for my mid-life crisis which should be in around about 10 or 11 months time. Hell, its going to be expensive!!!(And FC is paying!) 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

Lovely bike… good effort!

juan
    Free Member

Can’t wait for my mid-life crisis which should be in around about 10 or 11 months time. Hell, its going to be expensive!!!(And FC is paying!)

Get her to pay for a trip down south of France 😉 I’ll investigate the strip bar so you only get the best 😉

nickc

Nicest bike on here for a while.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Well done from me FC,lovely bike,….roll on summer! 😉

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Cheers fbb…first ride today and it was fabadoody!!! 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

racing ralph on the back?

MrFC
    Free Member

Well it was a pleasure to watch Foxy ride her new bike for the first time. She loved everything about it. 🙂

MrFC
    Free Member

Racing Ralph should go on the front then, should it?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yes, very nice.

And the bike’s not bad, either! 😉 Dunno about that purple jacket with the green, though… 😯

They are very very nice, but for about half the price you can get a UK frame builder to build you a totally custom frame, so I don’t quite see the point personally.

Someone like Chas Roberts or Dave Yates, it could be argued, has an equal pedigree, certainly in the British MTB scene (Roberts did frames for people like Tim Gould). And they would definitely be able to build just as lovely a bike. But that North American thing has a certain Kudos which the Brit custom builders don’t. And people would rather buy a bike from the US, Canada or Taiwan, it seems, than support the dying British bike building industry.

I’d have a Custom Chas Roberts, me; built in London! Lightweight tubing, filet brazing, custom bits, maybe even a fancy lug or two… And you could have a lot more input into it’s design and build.

But there’s no denying that FCs bike pisses over owt from a production line. Worth the money? Is a Cartier worth more than a Casio? Up to the buyer, really, in’t it? If it gives you pleasure, then surely it is.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Really glad that after all the build up (in more ways than one!) you enjoyed it today, FC. Doesn’t look like you got it too muddy though – well done!

It looks amazing in its natural environment (as opposed to up against your back wall!), though I also have a bit of an issue with the purple / green thing going on! 😉 Actually it’s brilliantly retro – keep it. Just ignore me!

What weight did it come out at? It looks like it’s probably as much fun up the hills as it is down them. Very very nice. You must be so chuffed!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Dunno about that purple jacket with the green, though…

LOL rudeboy…that jacket is 15 yrs old and still going strong!
    However, some new clothing is on my list…but I have the bike to pay for first! 😯

It was an absolute dream to ride today…still have the grin on my face 5 hrs after getting home! 8)

FoxyChick
    Free Member

gonetothehills…it weighs in at just under 25lbs.

Best money I have ever spent…FACT. 8)

Can’t wait for next weekend now!! 😆 😆 8)

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Fantastic, FC – it’s one of the best looking bikes I’ve seen on here for many a moon. You lucky thing!

Very nice

However, at 37 yrs old and with a MLC looming, I’m making the missus learn to drive, just so I can justify buying an Audi TT.

colnagokid

Tis nice, tho’ I agree with the purple/green combo.
    Rudeboys comments has inspired me to dig out some pics of my old Dave Yates-and learn how to post the pics

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wow – that looks fantastic built up – I want a go! Ignore the comments about the jacket – why buy clothes when you can have more bike stuff 😉

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Cheers mamaD…it’s only a 13.4 seat-tube so I reckon you could just about ride it!! 😉 8)

rOcKeTdOg

no, racing ralph should go in the bin, unless you never ride in the wet

colnagokid

Actually……………….
    when you look again at the pic- the purple top sort of mergers in with the fells, and the green frame with the grass!

davedodd
    Free Member

That looks very nice indeed.

Steve B-77 must be extremely unobservant as he rode on our Monday night ride for a good few months we me riding my IF (pic below).

Green is just the best colour isn’t it.

Dave

zaskar
    Free Member

I knew green would look good!

taka
    Free Member

dave some theving b^asterd has nicked your gears!

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘My mid-life crisis…’ is closed to new replies.