• This topic has 104 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by taka.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • My mid-life crisis…
  • 2tyred

That is absolutely lovely.

I’m 34, when’s my midlife crisis?

(Note – I’m from Glasgow, probably have to knock a few years off if you’re doing it arithmetically)

r6ymy
    Free Member

I will have a Harley when I’m 50, if I live that long

Is that when you plan to come out of the closet?

matt_outandabout

Call me daft, but what frame is it that you;re all drooling over?

Home

loddrik
    Free Member

overpriced frames

rOcKeTdOg

very very nice, good job it’s custom as surely they’d never sell that colour commercially? and i don’t like the nad catching cable guides, but then that’s not really an issue is it?, bet you can’t wait to go ride it!

cinnamon_girl

Hey FC – that looks fantastic and a great colour. I can thoroughly recommend having a “mid-life crisis” bike – you will enjoy it so much cos of what it means at this point in your life.

Come to the Quantocks next month, it will be such fun! It would be good to meet you.

To everyone else – you’ll just have to wait for your MLC, some of you are far too young!

cinnamon_girl

FC – where did you get the personalised headset top cap from please?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

c_g…purelycustom.com

postierich
    Free Member

Dont go jumping! lurverly colour enjoy

domino

Thats a nice midlife crisis FoxyChick! Love the colour too.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Dont go jumping!

rich…how that made me laugh! 😆

Me? Jump??? LOL

zaskar
    Free Member

I saw the Kona explosive in green (thought it’s been a while since anyone has done that…) my idea is ruined!

It’s a nice colour-enjoy (drat!) :mrgreen:

RustySpanner

Beautiful colour – I’ve promised the Rock Lobster a respray when it only has half the original paint remaining – shouldn’t be too long now, it is nearly a year old…..
    Can’t decide between similar green to yours, dark Nissan Skyline purplish blue or candy pearl white.
    I bought a mid life crisis DSLR camera – highly recommended as a complimentary activity – when you’re getting knackered, you just stop for a bit and fiddle with the camera – instant excuse.

Free Member

Foxychick; Lush looking frame indeed! do you have any more photo’s of the frame? And any details of build-kit, or are you intending to have a “ta-daaaa” moment with fully-built shots?

cheers,

JT

MrFC
    Free Member

Well, I have just finished building up the IF. Will be looking foward to FC’s reaction when she gets in from work! 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’ve got to get me one of those headset caps! nice work, absolute stunner 😮

Bimbler
    Free Member

tinsy
    Free Member

Nice… looking forward to seeing it built up..

juan
    Free Member

Well, i have just finished building up the IF

Sure you didn’t get any help… And don’t lie I have just seen the proof 😉 😉

Very nice bike too

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

When do we get to see the pics?
    🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Like it. A lot.

An IF road bike is v high on my MLC custom frame list…

mdb
    Free Member

Here’s my mid-life crisis.

Pauly

Beautiful colour. Will look forward to seeing it built up.

grumm
    Free Member

So apparently I am the only one who doesn’t know what make it is and how much it costs?

mboy
    Free Member

For the benefit of grumm…

http://www.ifbikes.com/OurBikes/Off_Road/Steel_Deluxe/

Turn the $ sign into a £ sign pretty much once a couple of non standard options are added on at least. They are very very nice, but for about half the price you can get a UK frame builder to build you a totally custom frame, so I don’t quite see the point personally.

MrFC
    Free Member

Ok Juan I admit the LBS did help me out with a few things such as cutting the steerer down and shortening the brake hoses but that was it, honest! 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

IF bikes are effectively part of MTB history. They are the remenants, i.e. the welders, of Fat City Cycles, which closed shop way back in the day. Fat City made such revered bikes as the Wicked an then later the Yo Eddy, and were among the most drool worthy bikes of their era, circa 1989 onwards. They were contemporaries of Manitou, Pace, Brodie, Yeti etc.

Your man Brant Richards, aka Zak Tempest, used to ride a Wicked as I remember, when we was but a boy working for MBUK. I think, but could be wrong, that he had custom fitted Pace RC30 forks, their origina 531 bladed composite fork.

When Fat City shut up shop, some of its former employees set up Independent Fabrications, to make the most exquisite steel frames you could buy. At the time, we all still rode hardtails and these were just lovely. I remember that Mountain Bike International (great mag as it was) did a head to head test with the Yeti ARC. The rated both very highly but what the article didn’t say was that the tester actually bought the IF frame on the test, because he loved it that much.

That colour is lush (I have a Nicolai in metallic british racing green, which is similar albeit a little darker) and green is definitely the way forward.

IF bikes are so nice they make me wish I could still ride a hard tail.

MrFC
    Free Member

geetee, I had a yoeddy until a couple of yrs ago! Sadly now sold! 😥

Foxy’s MLC. Let’s hope it’s her only one! 😉

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Betd Goldtec also do custom headset caps

geetee1972
    Free Member

MrFC I can’t believe you would have sold a Yo Eddy! When I was 15, THE bike I wanted was the Yeti FRO. Then when I was 18, THE bike I wanted was the Yo Eddy! Those beautiful fat oversize True Temper steel tubes, ah, makes me slightly wet just thinking about it.

Seriously, why did sell? I have to say that I did myself sell an original Yeti ARC to finance the purchase of my first full suss.

clareymorris

Love it – love the colour.
    Well done you………can’t wait to see it action 😀

mboy
    Free Member

It is a very nice colour actually, and the gold headset sets it off quite well actually.

Stem is WAY too long mind, and there’s moss growing out of your tarmac, and your wall needs some TLC! 😉

FoxyChick
    Free Member

mboy, yes, you are right about the stem! Can’t believe it’s the only wrong part ordered to be honest. Will be corrected shortly.

Was quite lovely to get home from work tonight to find it all completed. 😆

Oh, it’s in the back street, so not responsible or the moss or wall!! 😉
    Took some piccies in the front room but couldn’t cope with having my furniture slagged off!!!

silverpigeon
    Free Member

God that frame is gorgeous. Is it a custom job or off the peg?

Turned 40 myself last month and was going to teat myself this year to an IF. As a surprise though MrsSP bought me a Marin, so can’t really get away with it now.

Can just see how that conversation will go

Me “Think I’m going to treat myself to a new MTB”

MrsSP “Why? What’s wrong with the one I bought you? Just admit it.You don’t like it do you? I knew you wouldn’t like it. I can’t believe I bothered to go to all that effort….etc,etc, etc…for at least 3 days

soma_rich
    Free Member

My god thats VERY special! I am seriously impressed.

Perfect build. WOW

Well done, now ride it like you stole it!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Cheers soma_rich…can’t really believe it’s mine tbh!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

FoxyChick – you did well putting Mr FC to work, and he’s done you a cracking job. I bet you can’t wait to get out riding at the weekend….

So saying – don’t be getting it dirty now, will you?! 😉

FoxyChick
    Free Member

gonetothehills…ride it?? get it dirty??

Just about to carry it upstairs for pride of place in the bedroom!! 😉

mboy
    Free Member

MrsSP “Why? What’s wrong with the one I bought you? Just admit it.You don’t like it do you? I knew you wouldn’t like it. I can’t believe I bothered to go to all that effort….etc,etc, etc…for at least 3 days

At least 3 days??? CRIKEY you get it easy by the sounds of things! My ex GF would NEVER EVER EVER have let anything like that drop, the kind of thing that would have come out as blackmail at every opportunity. Especially when she had wanted anything from me!

FoxyChick – Member

mboy, yes, you are right about the stem! Can’t believe it’s the only wrong part ordered to be honest. Will be corrected shortly.

Was quite lovely to get home from work tonight to find it all completed. [:lol:]

Oh, it’s in the back street, so not responsible or the moss or wall!! [:wink:]
    Took some piccies in the front room but couldn’t cope with having my furniture slagged off!!!

Sorry, I was just doing all the usual stereotypical STW slaggings off as a tongue in cheek excercise, before anyone else got the chance to. Last time I posted a pic someone could only mention about the weeds on my parents bloody driveway! Hey ho! 😉

hora
    Free Member

Wow the attention to detail is….well beautiful. Very nice.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘My mid-life crisis…’ is closed to new replies.