Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • My latest build (29er content)
  • H4RDT41LR1D3R
    Free Member

I know it may not be everyones cup of tea but I am very happy with it.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Front cable too long, horrible ebay fox stickers that are positioned incorrectly, fishing landing net pole in shot and no 10 speed. Tut tut.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Otherwise looks nice and fast 😉

timdrayton
    Free Member

If i were 3feet taller i would have a29er and it would look like that…….hopefully

Nice

H4RDT41LR1D3R
    Free Member

I agree on the stickers, they are coming off.
    The front hose has just been shortened and the washingline prop is not my department.

witty.name
    Free Member

Very nice.And im not generally a specialized fan.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Lovely, where did you source the frame?

H4RDT41LR1D3R
    Free Member

After I was told in the specialized concept store that there was no chance of them coming out over here i put a wanted add on MTBR.com and 2 days later a very nice man in California contacted me about buying his bike which he had just listed in the classifieds, god knows how many emails later and 1 phone call i bought the frame and forks off of him.

H4RDT41LR1D3R
    Free Member

Thanks Brent

Wookster

love it mate looks brilliant!!!!!!! I really do like a spesh, next bike will be one I think

rOcKeTdOg

-10 points for bent seatpost otherwise lovely

H4RDT41LR1D3R
    Free Member

What is everyones problem with a thomson layback?

Lactic
    Free Member

Thomson layback posts do look a bit odd at first but I love mine now. Really nice looking bike. Did you import it yourself or are spesh finally bringing their range of 29ers to blighty?

Back gate needs creosoting

Smuzzy
    Free Member

That is lovely

Candodavid
    Free Member

Far too many gears 😆

ahwiles
    Free Member

it's a (nice) big bike, with a long specialized top-tube, long stem, and a lay-back seatpost.

i've got to ask, how tall are you?!

(if it were mine, i'd put the spacers above the stem – for extra racer points)

H4RDT41LR1D3R
    Free Member

I imported the frame and forks, I was offered the complete bike but had all the XT kit and was just waiting for the right frame to come along. Not only that i also had decided on crest rims on pro 2 hubs so didn't need to pay out shipping on a complete bike that i did not need.

I may not have needed the layback but I like them and have dropped the bars down a couple of spacers since the picture. Also the long stem is actually 5mm shorter than standard. It is a 21" frame by the way.

And I love it, just wondering if anybody else in the UK has one?

M6TTF
    Free Member

lovely bike!

will
    Free Member

Best looking 29er i have ever seen! How does it ride?

H4RDT41LR1D3R
    Free Member

Only ridden it once properly and never ridden tubeless or a 29er so a bit different.

Very smooth, light and stiff but the carbon and big tyres really do soak up the bumps off road. It just seems to glide over everything. Only problem was that the new disc on the front hadn't bedded in as quick as the rear so that was on my mind through my favourite fast twisty local trail.

It was a big gamble but it paid off.

boxelder

Dibs here if you decide it isn't for you.

H4RDT41LR1D3R
    Free Member

OK then but I'm afraid to say i think it is for me. (you would not like it because specialized UK say nobody over here wants them when i asked)

Hornet600
    Free Member

Nice build, would quite like one myself but not sure how many bikes becomes too many bikes!!

H4RDT41LR1D3R
    Free Member

How many have you got at the moment?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘My latest build (29er content)’ is closed to new replies.