Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • my iphone just died
  • nicks
    Free Member

dead. wont switch on. tried charging and plugging into computer and nothing ! any tricks ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

phone Apple home

oxnop
    Free Member

press button on front whilst holding down power button and hold both for 15 secs.

Should work.

richcc
    Free Member

Attaching to PC normally sorts mine. From memory there's a 'button dance' which puts it back to factory. Might be worth trying to google for it

aracer
    Free Member

Are you sure it's not a dodgy fake one? I thought all Apple products "just work"?

fadda

iPhone in "not perfect" shocker…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Are you sure it's not a dodgy fake one?

there are fakes ?? Wow!

Bregante

I wonder if I'd get advice re my dodgy shock set up on the apple iphone forum?

singlecrack
    Free Member

did you not feed it then 😥

nicks
    Free Member

tried the "hold middle and top button down" and that hasnt done it …. ill ring apple tomo. rubbish.

yup fakes exist but mine isnt ….

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPhone-LOOK-ALIKE_W0QQitemZ280460101245QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCell_Phones?hash=item414cb9867d#ht_500wt_1182

nicks
    Free Member

Bregante – Member
    I wonder if I'd get advice re my dodgy shock set up on the apple iphone forum?

sorry !

loco_pollo
    Free Member

Just ask someone in starbucks?

bruneep

is there not an app for that?

yoshimi

has happened to me, pluggig it into a laptop didn't reset it but plugging into a desktop did

Jamie
    Free Member

is there not an app for that?

That just never gets old.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Would you have asked the question if you had a crappy Nokia etc? Or is it a case of "I've got an iPhone (albeit a broken one) and I want the world to know"?

JimmyB
    Free Member

Watch out for the 'Apple are refusing to fix it as it shows signs of having being misused' thread.

Apparently dropping Apple portable products basically invalidates any warranty from my experience…….despite them being made to be carried, outside, stuffed into pockets etc. etc.

Beautiful products but backup can be c**p

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Is it jailbroken? Mine is halfway, and if I turn it off it always asks to be reset, unless you bypass it.

Jamie
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder:

Would you have asked the question if you had a crappy Nokia etc? Or is it a case of "I've got an iPhone (albeit a broken one) and I want the world to know"?

Ok, i am really not a Apple fanboy, but what the **** is up with all these kind of answers whenever anything vaguely iPhone comes up?

There is obviously, due to the amount of posts, a few iPhone users on here so the OP is well within his rights to ask a question that some on here may be able to help with. I get it, you hate iPhones…i don't know why, maybe you were bullied as a kid my Steve Jobs or something? But just get over it and try and fight that urge to post unhelpful dirge like you have. The fact you may even believe what you wrote is both amusing and sad at the same time.

Anyways, i am off to rag on someone asking for help with a Nokia just because i do not have one. Its going to be a productive day.

z1ppy

tried the "hold middle and top button down"
    When mine has gone funny, I did this but held the buttons in for about 2 minutes (or longer) before the apple symbol re-apeared, the other time it did it I plugged it into the charger and it just started working again (after a couple of hours)

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Nicks, is it in warranty, if so, make an appointment at your nearest Apple Store genius bar. They will either fix it there and then or repace it with a new/refurb. You can make the appointment online on the Apple site. Don't take it back to O2 shop or Carphone, they will send it off for repair leaving you phoneless

My experience anyway

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Apparently dropping Apple portable products basically invalidates any warranty from my experience

actually, I'm not sure that is unreasonable. One can buy ruggedised portable equipment, but there's usually a heavy premium and they're chunkier…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

But just get over it and try and fight that urge to post unhelpful dirge like you have.

you forget that teasing Apple victims is a popular entertainment 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

The moron who tried to sell me an iPhone said "Apple are the Rolls Royce of the electronics market. Their products just work"

When I asked them why, if they were so confident in their product, that I would have to buy extra insurance over any other mobile phone, and Apple's warranty period was only 12 months, as opposed to the 24 months SE provide. He then went quiet…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘my iphone just died’ is closed to new replies.