Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • My first bouncy bike!!!!! (Santa cruz Superlight)
  • Scottlacey
    Free Member

Just finished building it today, got the frame of here along with a few other bits and swapped the rest over from my rock lobster, very pleased.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Luverly.

racefaceec90

likey. 🙂

montylikesbeer

sweet as a nut

vrapan
    Free Member

Brilliant, I really love the frame colour!

Jerome
    Free Member

Cool bikes.
    Really fun to ride.

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Yeah, I'm really pleased and I certainly came up trumps with the frame, Not a mark to mention on it. looking forward to going out on Monday hopefully.

Gilles

Is it me or your pseudo should be Santacruzlacey now?

dickie
    Free Member

Yep, well done. Thats a really nice build & a very good choice of frame.

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Might just do that Gilles 😆

martyntr
    Free Member

Good choice man…. looks sexy like mine…

shinsplints

Nice. The SL will defo be on my shortlist later on this year.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Should go very fast. Watchout for rear pinch flats as you ****t it into stuff!

james
    Free Member

"looks sexy like mine"
    Aside from it being a bike, I'm so sure that the bar ends, middleburn? cranks, mudguards, wierd looking old saddle don't ruin it ..

I like the blue. The bits look to suit it pretty well. The stem appears really long at first glance, but I'm not sure it really is? Is it about 110/105mm?

Scottlacey
    Free Member

The stem is 100mm but yes it does look long in some of the photos

Scottlacey
    Free Member

I'm not sure on the silver spacers as pointed out by a friend but they're easily changed.
    I also nearly put some bar ends on it as well but held back, but i still might do as they really are ok to put on risers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeBones
    Free Member

Heres mine, set at 120mm, I ran it 100 to begin with but it is twice the bike at 120mm, angles are so much better.
    MY SUPERLIGHT

superlight
    Free Member

Very tidy looking build Scottlacey – if you ride light you'll find its a fantastic allrounder – have had one for nearly ten years and ridden everything from XC races to weeks in Morzine.

Having said all that, I have just sold it to a friend and am now building up an Epiphany, so maybe I need to change my name too…

Enjoy!

(oh and loose the mudguards Martyntr – all the aesthetic is lost)

djc1245
    Free Member

That's nice Scott, you will really enjoy riding it, love my Superlight….the older version

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Hello Dave I was wondering when you would come along. Yes very pleased, cheers mate.

yetiguy
    Free Member

Great bike, enjoy it mate.

My son rides a santa cruz and loves it

djc1245
    Free Member

I like the colour and you won't be disappointed riding it. I bet you end up replacing the bits off the Rock Lobster and rebuilding it up…i know i would.

earl_brutus

had mine for 3 years now wouldnt swap it for anything, except maybe a new superlight…

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Dave its sitting in the garage all polished up ready to sell but I must admit to thinking about it and Pete said the same.

Smarty
    Free Member

My Santa Cruz luverrrlyness
    This was taken while still in 100mm setup. Now running my rebas without the spacers at 115mm, much better bike for it. The bar ends have gone now and I'm sitting on a Fizik Arione.
    And to think I almost parted company with her last year. Glad I didn't

plus-one

yup superlight gets my vote too..! had one back in 2000 for 2 years then went a bit burly with fivespot..now back on superlight genuine all day ride..mint.. 🙂

not the greatest photo..
    http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/colinmay/Image0018.jpg

monkiman
    Free Member

I want one!!!

They are selling them in leisure lakes for 1699 full build

not sure of the spec though?

anyone know?

Scottlacey
    Free Member

I love the colours smarty, especially the red wall tyres, my first malt two had them and i loved that bike. Sadly sold it and regretted it big time as it was a lovely bike.

djc1245
    Free Member

Go for it. It's nice to have an FS and an HT.

xcstu
    Free Member

Been riding santa cruz bikes for over fifteen years… superlight is the best one yet 😉
    welcome to the club haha..

Smarty
    Free Member

I like that Merlin malt. I'm looking for a hardtail for my commute. I'm lucky enough to have a 9 mile commute with 6 of it on the Leeds/Liverpool canal. Superlight is nice but don't need full suss for canal bank.

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Smarty I sold the malt two for a rock lobster which looking back was a mistake as they are so alike. The lobster was the donor bike for the superlight

nukeproof
    Free Member

@OP – Very nice.

Did have a Superlight last year…it was great bike. I found the frame worked well with the older 100-130 u-turn Revs. I did find the BB low which resulted in a far few pedal strikes though.

Smarty
    Free Member

Scottlacey, prefer the look of the Malt but that cock knobster looks a nice bike too. Very stealthy.

@ nukeproof, you're sooo right, BB is very low on superlight. Lots of pedal strikes.

Andy

Wow Scott, thats a lovely colour. Superlights are great.

Mine:

Yorkshire

Alps

sohala
    Free Member

congrats on a wise choice 😉
    only had mine 6 months, but has completely changed my riding. excellent bikes.

here's mine

EDIT – bugger!

sohala
    Free Member

get in there stan, you IT whizz 😀

JoeBones
    Free Member

Superlights are great!

gingerflash

My Superlight: –

Ti29er
    Free Member

xcstu.
    Isn't that a rather extreme height difference, saddle to bar?
    How long is the seat post? Or more to the point, how much seat post is inside the frame?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘My first bouncy bike!!!!! (Santa cruz Superlight)’ is closed to new replies.